This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE7 Mastery

Started by Nils Westfelt, May 9, 2019 · 7 Replies · 71 Views

Nils Westfelt

Hi. I’d like a form check on these please. 

Usually I do these on a bit higher box but it was taken so I did it on a little bit lower box this time so my feet touch the ground a little bit sometimes. Hope that’s all right?  I feel like strengthwise there are no problems for me doing step 9. But is there anything to improve in form before I move on? Also I’m interested to know if my iM looks good or if there’s something I should change? 

Cheers! 

PE: 

iM: 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Your PE looks good, nice work! I recommend spending some more time on this iM before moving on. Work on getting the weight all the way to the ground in the front of each rep as well as maximizing ROM on the sides of your circles. Keep up the good work!

Nils Westfelt
9 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Your PE looks good, nice work! I recommend spending some more time on this iM before moving on. Work on getting the weight all the way to the ground in the front of each rep as well as maximizing ROM on the sides of your circles. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Well yes I thought so myself that the iM needs a little more attention. Question: how important is the backbending portion of the circle? Is that secondary or should we try and maximize rom all the way around in the circle? And if the back bending is important, should the movement come from the thoracic spine or lumbar or both? I have no problems reaching the floor in front, how much bending to the sides and back should we aim for? 

Thanks Jeffrey!

Cheers! 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Nils, strive to maximize the rom on both the part of the movement. Also the range of motion should be equally distributed between thoracic and lumbar spine.

Nils Westfelt
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Nils, strive to maximize the rom on both the part of the movement. Also the range of motion should be equally distributed between thoracic and lumbar spine.

Cool! Thanks

Nils Westfelt

@Alessandro Mainente @Jeffrey Bittner

Hey guys! Could you please take a look and see if I’m doing any better on the iM? They feel more controlled but I want to make sure I’m on the right track? 

This is the last set of five. 

Cheers!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks a lot better, nice work! I recommend including this exercise in your warm up as you move forward!

Nils Westfelt
53 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

It looks a lot better, nice work! I recommend including this exercise in your warm up as you move forward!

Yes!! Thank you :) 

I love this exercise actually. My back feels amazing afterwards so I’ll def keep it. Also I noticed on the video that I’m leaning a little more to one side than the other, so I’ll keep working on it to iron out the small imbalance. 

Cheers man!