This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand workout schedule question

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, May 3, 2019 · 9 Replies · 292 Views

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hello everyone!

First of all, I am new to GB forums and I don't know if this is the correct place for my topic, sorry if I am wrong

In my handstand workout, from the recommended schedule, it is actually divided into 3 parts, beginner, intermediate and advanced. If I am able to do intermediate, should I do beginner + intermediate or only intermediate?

IE: Beginner: Kneeling walks (x4 in different styles) + headstand + static standing shoulder extension

    Intermediate: Plank press + Inverted Pike Pull

So, I am able to do the intermediate block, should I be doing beginner + intermediate, or only intermediate one?

Thanks!

 

Cory Fair

Hi Mario,

I would recommend doing the wrist work no matter which level you are on. How is your freestanding handstand? If you have areas to still improve on it and aren't at over a minute long holds, I would include it along with the intermediate (press handstand) work. 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I am not that good at freestanding handstand, and it was one of the reasons I started with gimnasticbodies, as I had a bad bodyline and it was getting worse. I will do both levels then, thanks!

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hey again, I got another question about handstand schedule. I am following coach schedule, but I am planning to add another handstand day with foundation core day, so my schedule would look like

Monday: Core + handstand

Tuesday: middle split

Wednesday: front split

Tuesday: upper body

Friday: Thoracic bridge + handstand

And also classes recommended for each day, is it okay to add a second handstand day or maybe it would be too much for wrist and joints?

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Mario, i would stay on this until you have finished at least PE1, 2 and 3 for HBP so that a minimum of volume on wrists extension is already reached.

Bill Marr

For what it's worth, I'd swap Wednesday (FS) with Thursday (UB...assuming you meant Thursday, not Tuesday). Doing UB, TB & HS in a 24/36 hour period is a lot of upper body work.

Alessandro Mainente

It 's not a matter of recovery but conditioning / preparation. once a minimum of wrists extension preparation is reached you can assume to have a decent range preparation to insert another day. i talk especially for the experience.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
17 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Mario, i would stay on this until you have finished at least PE1, 2 and 3 for HBP so that a minimum of volume on wrists extension is already reached.

Hi Alessandro, I am currently at HBP/PE9 so, it seems that my conditioning to add another handstand day is okay

17 hours ago, Bill Marr said:

For what it's worth, I'd swap Wednesday (FS) with Thursday (UB...assuming you meant Thursday, not Tuesday). Doing UB, TB & HS in a 24/36 hour period is a lot of upper body work.

Yes, I meant Thursday for UB, editing it now. I will try to swap it one week and see how it goes, but UP and the next day TB & HS is the recommended schedule 

Alessandro Mainente

I think that you can try for a couple of week to work twice a week, then if you can recover properly it is fine.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
31 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I think that you can try for a couple of week to work twice a week, then if you can recover properly it is fine.

I will give it a try, thanks!