Vibram Five Fingers

Started by irongymnast, May 3, 2010 · 60 Replies · 19,335 Views

irongymnast

I saw some topic where slizzardman was recommending the Vibram Five Fingers shoes and I checked them out. They look awesome. Went to a store and tried them on, they feel great. Expensive though

I want to have a VFF specific thread so everyone can post feedback on those.

Slizzardman or anyone else owning a pair, which model do you own?

Neal Winkler

KSO. Love them. Very comfy, but they do get stinky easy, so I bought some socks too. You can feel the grass beneath your feet.

Graham Smith

I have the sprint. They are awesome, I pretty much wear them exclusively for all my sporting activity now. They're great for barefoot running as well as gymnastics. I also wear them kitesurfing. I haven't tried rock climbing in them yet, I still love my 5-10's for that.

As for them getting stinky, I don't find it a problem, I just throw them in the washing machine with the rest of my gear and they're good to go!

Guest

I don't have them yet but I was browsing an online store just the other day and I thought I'd ask around here for people's experiences with the different models... guess you beat me to it :D

Will the 'Classic' Fivefingers suffice when I want to use them primarily for running?

Tarun Suri

Any of the 5 fingers will. Not that huge of a difference between models IMO.

But they're awesome! Go stand on different terrains and feel the wonders of the V5F.

Joshua Naterman

I personally support the KSO model. They are the snuggest on the feet and you will want that if you do any sprinting. That ankle strap does make a difference.

irongymnast

Wouldn't the Classic model be a better choice for gymnastics? KSO has 2mm extra I think.

Amebix138

I second the socks and regular washing with Vibrams. Injin is the sock you need to get as it has toes. I think its 16$ a pair though! Crazy.

Joshua Naterman

KSO is the way to go in my opinion, but you should get whatever you like!

Neal Winkler

KSO is the all around best, since it can be used for anything.

Graham Smith

KSO or sprint would be the way to go. The main difference I think is just the amount of material on top. I live in a pretty hot climate hence why I chose the sprint over the KSO. Either way, I found that the models with the top strap were way more secure than those without (i.e. classic) which tended to slip about on my foot a little more.

Mark Weaver

I have the KSO. Love them for anything I would normally wear shoes for, including work when it's casual Friday.

Feels like they work the outside part of my calf more when I'm running compared to shoes. Heel strike versus front of the foot strike, I guess.

I keep mine on the back porch in the sun instead of my dark closet. Makes them last longer before I need to wash them.

Some people think they look funny, but I already have a hot wife, so I'm not concerned as much about my image anymore. Besides, she wants a pair as well.

ASForum

I was trying to buy some from REI but they were apparently out of stock / back ordered. Any ideas.

Carmen Amara

Does anyone know where their phone number is located? I also want to know when you measure your feet, should one order a slight bigger size or is exact measurement adequate?

Thanks!

Joshua Naterman

Should be on http://www.vibramfivefingers.com!

Damon Mill Square #H3

Concord, MA 01742

978.318.0000

On the webside, once you select your country and click "products" you can go to the bottom and hit "contact us" where there is a contact form. There is also a store locator so that you get authentic products!

Ryan Libke

I bought the new 5 fingers made especially for outdoor running. They have a good a amount of tread for traction, but otherwise no cushion. It would be more than a person needs in a gym, garage, or home, but it is nice on the road (not a great surface, but hard to avoid) and trail. They were a little difficult getting on at first, but now slip on better. I recommended them.

I purchased mine at REI. The local store did not have the running shoes in stock, or any that fit me, for that matter. I was measured by the salesperson, and ordered on-line at the REI website. They were backordered, but it did not take more than a week or two.

whitemonkey

I've got the KSO's. They rock my socks...haha...actually no socks.

Jharris

I wear the KSOs. My brother just bought a pair of the new Bikila Vibrams for running. They seem a little more rugged and the foot cover isn't a mesh. This looks like it would be better at keeping dust out but also may make the shoes a little hotter.

I may eventually get a pair if I ever build up to doing some more rugged trail runs. For now the KSOs are good. I've run as far as ten miles on soft dirt trails.

ASForum
Wolf with one Ear said:
I bought the new 5 fingers made especially for outdoor running. They have a good a amount of tread for traction, but otherwise no cushion. It would be more than a person needs in a gym, garage, or home, but it is nice on the road (not a great surface, but hard to avoid) and trail. They were a little difficult getting on at first, but now slip on better. I recommended them.

I purchased mine at REI. The local store did not have the running shoes in stock, or any that fit me, for that matter. I was measured by the salesperson, and ordered on-line at the REI website. They were backordered, but it did not take more than a week or two.

REI Backorder fulfilled and delivered to my friends in the US. When they get here... I get them :)

Carmen Amara

Thank you Slizzardman. :D

ASForum
Carmen Amara said:
Does anyone know where their phone number is located? I also want to know when you measure your feet, should one order a slight bigger size or is exact measurement adequate?

Thanks!

website has a feet measurement chart.. does not follow typical footwear sizing.

Carmen Amara
crashnburn said:
Carmen Amara said:
Does anyone know where their phone number is located? I also want to know when you measure your feet, should one order a slight bigger size or is exact measurement adequate?

Thanks!

website has a feet measurement chart.. does not follow typical footwear sizing.

Ok, Thanks Crashnburn

ASForum

My pleasure fellow yoga practitioner.. PS: What did you mean here... when you mentioned using Drishti...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4091

Carmen Amara

I got my vibram shoes and I just love the feel. I grasp the terrain with my toes and the wod we did today was perfect for them.

I'll be buying myself another pair soon.

Joshua Naterman

Awesome! I'm glad you like your new shoes!