This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Improve turnout

Started by Eloy Bote, May 2, 2019 · 3 Replies · 69 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi!

Any tip on how can I improve my turnout? I use to do the splits with apt and knees pointing forward, but I want to achieve the classic side splits with knees pointing to the ceiling. For some reason I don't feel any stretch, just seems that the head of the femur doesn't turn any further. If someone pushes me it doesn't work, my legs are just stuck :(

Attached a picture taken from above.

IMG_20190430_084852.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Eloy, in fact, the femur will never go past the 180°, every and i'll repeat EVERY type of over split in the middle split position ends in a forced valgus knee.

Eloy Bote

Hey Alessandro, even in the splits with knees facing up with no apt? I mean this splits:

knitted.jpg

Instead of this:

39055178-young-slim-woman-doing-side-spl

Alessandro Mainente

IN the first photo the hips are neutral o little PPT, in fact, the girl is sit in the glutes. in the lower one, there is the internal rotation and the girl is almost sitting on the groin...almost.