This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PL/SE1 bent arm half straddle planche

Started by Cliff Tang, April 28, 2019 · 12 Replies · 183 Views

Cliff Tang

Hello my friends,

Can someone please give me some advice regarding my bent arm half straddle planche hold.

I watched the forum for a lot of advice and know that the main prerequisite is the pseudo planche push up.

I just feel that for some motivation issues want to put some extra in it to get the feel of the right angle. 

Is the pseudo planche push up ok? Some problems feeling if The tucked version is executed correctly. Also played with the hold on the ground with elbows in, to keep feeling the connection of the core.

I know consistency is important but want to know if I’m missing something.

3-4 sets of: 4-5 Pseudo planche push ups, 10” tucked bent arm planche hold, 10” elbow in plank + frog stance from template

thank you so much all!!

 

 

greetings

 

cliff

https://youtu.be/ITNOfdZb6ck

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Cliff, the pseudo planche pushup mastery is highly recommended. BUT can you show them? 

the tuck variation has hips too high.

The elbows in variation is not useful, you should be already able to engage the core from previous planche IM elements.

Cliff Tang

Thx for replying Allesandro!

Pseudo PP at the end of the movie

tuck variation: how do I know if I have enough forward bend? So the back should be more horizontal?

ok so no elbows in, understood! :)

 

grz

 

cliff

Alessandro Mainente

Sorry, i've forgotten then last 15 seconds. well:

-i would like to see you doing them on the instep and without shoes so that we can reduce the amount of friction on the floor;

-try to keep always the hips centered between shoulders and hands in order to prevent piking at the hips;

-touch the floor with the chest.

Mark Chin
On 4/28/2019 at 6:07 AM, Cliff Tang said:

Hello my friends,

Can someone please give me some advice regarding my bent arm half straddle planche hold.

I watched the forum for a lot of advice and know that the main prerequisite is the pseudo planche push up.

I just feel that for some motivation issues want to put some extra in it to get the feel of the right angle. 

Is the pseudo planche push up ok? Some problems feeling if The tucked version is executed correctly. Also played with the hold on the ground with elbows in, to keep feeling the connection of the core.

I know consistency is important but want to know if I’m missing something.

3-4 sets of: 4-5 Pseudo planche push ups, 10” tucked bent arm planche hold, 10” elbow in plank + frog stance from template

thank you so much all!!

 

 

greetings

 

cliff

https://youtu.be/ITNOfdZb6ck

 

 

Hi Cliff, 

I am struggling with the same movement. May I ask what template you are referring to above? 

 

Thank you and warm regards,

 

Mark

Cliff Tang

Hi Mark,

just the normal one from GB :)

was just experimenting with what i thought to be some regression.

i guess keeping the volume high is what to do. I have to be honest that consistency was with too many ups and downs. Lets see what consistency brings coming months 

You’re doing great Mark! How is your progression on this one btw?

 

grz

 

cliff

 

Cliff Tang
On 4/29/2019 at 9:40 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Sorry, i've forgotten then last 15 seconds. well:

-i would like to see you doing them on the instep and without shoes so that we can reduce the amount of friction on the floor;

-try to keep always the hips centered between shoulders and hands in order to prevent piking at the hips;

-touch the floor with the chest.

https://youtu.be/Cv82rLX08C8

@Alessandro Mainente is this more like it?

touching the floor with the chest: meaning at the end the shoulders are allowed to retract? I always thought you had to remain the depression & protraction as much as possible

“-try to keep always the hips centered between shoulders and hands in order to prevent piking at the hips” 

can you please clarify the above? I thought that hands had to be as close as possible to the hips?

thank you Alessandro!

grz

 

cliff

Alessandro Mainente

Sorry Cliff, i mean shoulder and heels:

-your alignment has a broken bodyline and it is represented by the red line.

-the ideal alignment is the one where the 3 nodes (shoulder hips and heels) are on the same line.

hips.png

Also, another correction is DO NOT use your feet. this means that the feet should be on the instep, heels touching, no pressure on the floor with the toes (yellow circle reference).

Mark Chin
On 4/29/2019 at 8:40 AM, Cliff Tang said:

Hi Mark,

just the normal one from GB :)

was just experimenting with what i thought to be some regression.

i guess keeping the volume high is what to do. I have to be honest that consistency was with too many ups and downs. Lets see what consistency brings coming months 

You’re doing great Mark! How is your progression on this one btw?

 

grz

 

cliff

 

I spent over a year on these. Up and down, up and down, no mastery. So I am experimenting with some assistance exercises and some tuck planches and will circle back to see if that helps. It has been super frustrating!! But I am committed to getting 5x10 as it is obviously required to be able to do that sort of thing before a planche.

Alessandro Mainente

Have you tried the bent arm tuck planche?

Cliff Tang

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

I’ll post a pppu very soon! What about this bent arm tucked planche execution.

I have trouble feeling how far I should lean and how deep down I should go

https://youtu.be/vEXYMw3tgIg

 

gr Cliff

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/13/2019 at 12:21 AM, Cliff Tang said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

I’ll post a pppu very soon! What about this bent arm tucked planche execution.

I have trouble feeling how far I should lean and how deep down I should go

https://youtu.be/vEXYMw3tgIg

 

gr Cliff

 

HeY Cliff, move lower if you can....what is your level of HBP?

Cliff Tang

Hey Alessandro,

HBP/PE11 russian dip just started

this is my vid from my earlier element korean dips supinated grip

https://youtu.be/qMwzEr9SvPQ

you have an example about how it should look like the bent arm tuck planche?

 

thx.