This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 step 5 (Incline Row)

Started by Ben Clark, April 25, 2019 · 1 Replies · 40 Views

Ben Clark

Hello,

I want to make sure I am on track with this one. The video is a recording of the last set of RC/PE1 (Incline Row) step 5. My questions follow:

  1. How is my speed? I am imitating the speed in the "Follow Along" video but it feels so fast that it is difficult to maintain control. Since I have long arms, should each rep take me a little longer then it does in the "Follow Along" video?
  2. How is the height of the rings?  In the "Technique Tip & Scaling", Wesley says the rings should be about shoulder high, but in the "Follow Along" videos the rings appear to be much lower.
  3. When pulling, should I be flexing my lats or squeezing my shoulder blades together?

Please let me know if you see anything else that doesn't look right. Thanks!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Ben, follow my tips:

-when starting the exercises the rings should be (the lower part) at sternum level;

-slow down the speed, no rebounding, 1-2 second first part, then 1-2 seconds for moving back;

-when you return to bottom position do not let the scapulae to elevated, hold them down;

-the movement is a combination of upper arm extension and elbow flexion. so a you extend the upper arm try to reach the shoulders with the hands;

-at the top position try to turn the palm to your shoulder.