This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 Mastery

Started by Nils Westfelt, April 23, 2019 · 9 Replies · 111 Views

Nils Westfelt

Hi. I’d like a check on my PPPU. First video is the first set of 5 and also contains the mobility exercise. The second video is the last set of 5. Anything to improve or am I ready to move on? Cheers

First set + iM 

Last set

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi NIls, unfortunately, there is no mastery here, you need to reach the floor with all the body on every reps.

Nils Westfelt

Ok I thought this was more than enough? I’ve been following the workout video and they are clearly not touching the floor. So how far above the floor is ok? If you look at the picture below my chin is on the floor. Any tips on how to get closer to floor without loosing my teeth? :) 

 

33921C7A-883C-4198-81F2-9181C1C94285.png

Alessandro Mainente

If i'm not wrong you took the last rep on the second video above. And this is the only one rep where you moved down like in the pic, in ALL the other reps of the 2 videos you are always higher. 

ALMOST REACHING it is not reaching. I make no preferences on this forum.

Nils Westfelt

Ok just to be clear. None of these reps are low enough? To me all of the reps looks pretty much the same. 

Here is every rep on both sets, screen capped and ready for you to inspect. :)

 

F2A65A85-78C3-4FF4-BD33-49A9A9631A1F.png

7B48749D-2901-4F25-9C31-58FE436A45C4.png

Nils Westfelt

Also. I’m not in a rush, I’ve already spent little over a year on this progression, so I have no intentions of rushing things. I just want to be clear on where your standards are? I can for sure spend more time on trying to get lower and more lean on this progression if that’s necessary, but is this something I can work on parallel in warmup or is this something I HAVE to get right right now in order to progress in the future? 

Thanks. 

Nils Westfelt

@Alessandro Mainente

Ok so I tried mastery again today focusing on coming down deeper. Here’s a video of the fifth set of 10. Any better? 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Now you've done a mastery set.

Nils Westfelt
45 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Now you've done a mastery set.

Ok great! 

‘I think I’ll stay here for a few weeks though, the last set was tough even though I got through all the sets. 

Is the lean enough or should I try to aim for even more lean?

Alessandro Mainente

it is enough. the 2 parameters are:

-at the top, shoulder lean past the fingers;

-at the bottom: forearm inclined.