This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1 + iM

Started by Viktor Lunetta, April 20, 2019 · 6 Replies · 44 Views

Viktor Lunetta

Thoughts on the form? I feel my hips tilting backwards to balance the move in the strength element. To what extent is this allowed? Any other issues? Thanks!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Viktor, the mistake you are showing in the PE is very common. you are moving the elbow to the floor in order to complete the repetition while the goal is holding the upper arm in the same position as in the beginning and twist the spine. filling yourself form the floor will help to correct this problem.

Viktor Lunetta

Great points Alessandro, thanks. I'll be posting a new video on the PE where I keep the arm fixed and generate movement only from the twisting of my spine. One point to clarify though, what do you mean by " filling yourself form the floor will help to correct this problem"?

Any comments on the iM?
 

Viktor Lunetta

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! Here's a video where I concentrate on keeping the upper arm in one place and generating all movement from the rotation of the spine. How does it look like? I had a couple of questions on my previous post, I'd be super happy if you could assess them too, thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Now the execution is ok. try always to stay in the position with the hips and let the thoracic spine to twist.

Viktor Lunetta

@Alessandro Mainente thanks for the tips, again. There is some work to be done with keeping the hips fixed, I agree. I also feel like tipping in the direction of the twist. I.e. weight is shifting from my elbow to my palm during the twist. This probably would be fixed if the hips wouldn't follow through the turn and only the spine would turn?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Viktor, yes, hips should twist as less as possible.