Anyone know if Coach is working on "All Muscle, No Iron"?

Started by Kevin Conley, May 1, 2010 · 19 Replies · 8,298 Views

Kevin Conley

For the record, I am not anywhere close to the strength needed to move on to All Muscle, No Iron, but I am just curious.

I do wish more people were less afraid of what others think to try gymnastics training too... :?

-Prometheus

Blairbob

"Have guns, will travel". I hadn't seen a friend in awhile, maybe a year and he said I looked bigger up top. I told it must be the ring or gymnastic work seeing as that is basically all I do upper body wise besides a smidgin of Oly WL.

Neal Winkler

Yes, photography for this volume has started, but it will be a long time before it's finished.

Seiji

So, do we know which book will come out next?

Razz

Joint prep and handstand books will come next i think

Kevin Conley

Oh really?! I thought the next was the advanced ring series book. I would prefer to see the joint prep/ handstand one next though. I hope your correct. :mrgreen:

-Prometheus

Neal Winkler

I definitely want joint prep next, but HSC or AMNI is a toss up for me.

Gregor
Prometheus said:
Oh really?! I thought the next was the advanced ring series book. I would prefer to see the joint prep/ handstand one next though. I hope your correct. :mrgreen:

-Prometheus

I doubt many would need advanced ring series book :mrgreen:

John Sapinoso
Gregor said:
Prometheus said:
Oh really?! I thought the next was the advanced ring series book. I would prefer to see the joint prep/ handstand one next though. I hope your correct. :mrgreen:

-Prometheus

I doubt many would need advanced ring series book :mrgreen:

awe, don't say that. I'd love for this to come out even if only for curiosity sake. though i'd prefer joint prep first. handstand chronicles though is not a priority of mine.

Gregor

I said many not all :mrgreen:

Gregor

It would be better if the book "advanced ring seires" would include basic swing technique and and include all basic ring stuff wich are in code of points (maybe to level C in some parts). All other harder stuff is more "personal aproach to the stuff" because it's much more complex to teach.

Edited: and some already banned skills such as olympic cross, kips to strength,...

Neal Winkler

I think a book that includes swinging elements would be practically useless for the general fitness population, which I believe, is the population that the books are being written for.

Gregor

For basic swings you don't need more then sheet or two.

Blairbob

Next at work would be Liquid Steel™ and the Handstand Chronicles. They are to be released simultaneously. Joint prep/stretching/rehab and Handstand work.

Neal Winkler
Gregor said:
For basic swings you don't need more then sheet or two.

What's a sheet?

irongymnast
trianglechoke7 said:
Gregor said:
For basic swings you don't need more then sheet or two.

What's a sheet?

I think he means a page.

Gregor

page.

Kevin Conley

Lol. Anyway, I think it is cool to release at the same time for the books, but wouldn't it be more advantageous for the Coach to release them one at a time? Plus, I would figure he would finish one of them first, so why make people wait (and thus wait on handing the money over)? Getting another volume out might be more important than getting them all out there. Maybe it will bring a greater following, but that is debatable.

Quick note: I may live in America, the land of the impatient, but the joint preparation book is pretty important. Oh yeah, and handstands are cool too.

-Prometheus

Blairbob

The first 3 are very important to a wide base while the advanced rings training will be beyond most people. However, the last one on power work/plyo (I can't remember the name and my book has gone hiding) will probably be more important to more people than the advanced rings training.

but wouldn't it be more advantageous for the Coach to release them one at a time?

It might be, but that's his prerogative.

Animalonfire

I think the simultaneous release is Coaches way of telling us that the two books are equally important. I'm happy about it because I'll save on shipping :D