This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE9

Started by Johan Tideland, April 19, 2019 · 15 Replies · 157 Views

Alessandro Mainente

hi JOhan, if you stop at 23 seconds you can clearly see piked hips. at this stage of the movement, you should reach a position where when the lower back is reaching the floor, the feet are 3-4 cm from the floor.

the IM is ok, and i can see that you have very very strong retraction on the hips flexor. i hope you are working on the front split series.

Johan Tideland

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, thanks for the feedback.

Should I regress to the previous progression in order to fix the pike?

Yes I am working on the front split series. Should I perhaps work on stretching the hip flexor more often?

Alessandro Mainente

from the FS i suggest the one where you feel the quads much more.

i would like to see the straddle and the one leg variation.

Alessandro Mainente

There is no problem here. now my last request is to see your hollowbody rocks. because a lack of the ability to hold the alignment in this variation could lead to the deficit on the straight body lever.

Johan Tideland

Okay @Alessandro Mainente

Hollow body rocks https://youtu.be/PgVkyd6uDrI

When I look at them myself, I can actually see that they could probably be improved a bit. To me it looks like I have problems with extending the hips but I am not sure

Jeffrey Bittner

It's getting there, Johan.

Like you said, you start to pick up some pike in your hips and your shoulders drop as you get tired. Keep working to maintain your strong hollow shape throughout your set by pressing your lower back into the ground. I also suggest lifting your shoulders a bit higher off the ground before starting your rocks. Keep up the great work!

Johan Tideland

Hi again, I know its only a day later but I made a new vid where I really try to implement your tips.

How does it look?

https://youtu.be/fQsAte76Tgw

And I would also like to know what my approach should be now. Should I completely stop with any kind of body leaver work and just focus on perfecting my hollow body rocks?

I also wonder if my inability to flatten out my hips could be  mobility issue?

Thanks

Jeffrey Bittner

@Johan Tideland I think that spending some more time on hollow body rocks is a good idea. Even though it's super annoying, I suggest going back and re-mastering this exercise starting from the beginning while simultaneously working to stretch out your quads like Alex suggested. As you do so, only accept reps where your hips are straight. I'm sure that you'll be able to re-master these much quicker this time around since you'll only be making a small adjustment.

You are welcome to still play with body levers, but you should only spend time on them once you have finished your required hollow body rocks for the day. In addition, you might consider adding in some supplemental hollow body holds at the end of your workouts to reinforce good hollow position.

Johan Tideland

Hi

How does this look? I do not do a lot of reps here but this is probably the maximum amount of hip extension I can master at the moment.

https://youtu.be/YH7pmDc6F0E

Alessandro Mainente

not bad Johan, there is a bit of spine loss of alignment when you roll on the shoulders..you can see what I mean by looking to your armpit.

Johan Tideland

Hi

I think this is a bit better, I can still see that small improvements in hip extension can be made.

https://youtu.be/rfvqJPBRxMg

Alessandro Mainente

nice correction.

Johan Tideland

Hi

So I thought I would try out the negative body leaver again and see if I have made some improvements.

1st try with a bit more arched back https://youtu.be/O3sSVqkhI4k

2d try with a flater back https://youtu.be/iIezMGXyaQA

Are any of these better than my attempts at the start of the post? how should I proceed from here? I will keep working on the hollow body rocks of course

Thanks

Johan

 

Alessandro Mainente

hey Johan, the 2nd attempt is better. you can still improve the PPT in the lower part...just before reaching the floor.