This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/ Multiplane Pulls

Started by Neil Gynther, April 18, 2019 · 6 Replies · 140 Views

Neil Gynther

Hey everyone. Here’s a video of all of the foundation 3 multiplane pulling movements starting with naners. I omitted the video of pullovers because they are so similar to naners. I’ve been working on mastery of yewkis for the past month, but can complete the mastery sets and reps of 1/2 front lever pulls and front lever pulls. I included my first attempt at circle front lever pulls at the end ( you might have a good laugh at my lack of coordination with these). I would appreciate a critique of all of these movements. Should I keep working on yewkis? Should I move on to circle front lever pulls? Should I go back to a previous step? Should I take up ping pong instead?Thanks.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Neil, well the first one is ok. you need to work on the second exercises. so no reason to work further the second exercise because you are piking at the hips during the ascent part of the movement. the major goal here is that on the ascent part hips should be moved. if you pike means that you are moving the feet. a more accurate mastery fo the second movement is required.

Neil Gynther

I just want to make sure I understand. You’re saying that the naners look good, but I’m piking on the tops pulls? So I should go back to tops pulls and refine them before moving on? Did the yewkis look good or is there something I should fix with those as well? Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, you got it. the yewkis have the same identical problem. piked hips. i would not focus on what is not good on a future progression if something should be corrected in a previous one. is like to say "what do I have to correct on my one arm handstand?", man if the 2 arms is not good there is no reason to talk about one arm ;-)

Neil Gynther

Ok. I’ll work on the tops pulls this month. I’ll post an update video once I’ve fixed the piking. Thanks a lot Alex.

Nick Murray

Neil, if you are going to continue using the outdoor bars, I would dig them out and re-concrete them back into the ground. If things are rocking around, half your effort will be spent fighting the equipment. Rings are unstable, bars should be stable. And it wouldn't be good if the bar apparatus became too loose and collapsed.

But Allessandro's comments aside, STRONG! I've been on SL/PE10 for a while due to some shoulder and elbow issues, so it's nice to see some of the more advanced elements. I look forward to seeing your next update :)

 

 

Neil Gynther

Hey Nick, sorry for such a late reply.  The posts for the bars were installed without concrete because I was renting.  You're right though, my next set will be set in with concrete.  I've  had to start all of my upper body stuff over completely from the beginning due to an injury. The injury was not a result of GB training, just normal stupidity.  I hope to get back to this level again soon and beyond!