Here's a video of the strength and iM elements. I posted the iM with two different weight plates on the stick, 1 kg (first) and 2.5kg. What kind of added weight should I aim for in this exercise? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Viktor Lunetta, April 16, 2019 · 9 Replies · 102 Views
Here's a video of the strength and iM elements. I posted the iM with two different weight plates on the stick, 1 kg (first) and 2.5kg. What kind of added weight should I aim for in this exercise? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Hey Viktor,
Focus on maintaining a posterior pelvic tilt during the headstand. Warming up with a few sets of pelvic tilt drills (HS/PE9 and on in the course library) will help you get the feeling before starting. Everything else looks good and mastering PPT while inverted is far from an overnight process.
Stick with the 1kg weight until you can get the bar to shoulder height with a shoulder width grip. Also focus on not breaking at your wrists. Keep them as straight as you can during the hold. Keep it up man.
Thanks for the comments Everett. I will try those PPT mobility moves as a preparation. Good comments on the iM too, getting to shoulder width will take some more time. What comes to the additional weight, what should I aim for to reach mastery?
11 minutes ago, Viktor Lunetta said:What comes to the additional weight, what should I aim for to reach mastery?
Advance once you're shoulder width and shoulder height with the 2.5kg plate.
Thanks Everett!
Hi @Everett Carroll! I've done the moves you suggested to get the "feeling" of PPT before executing the move. Any progress?
Hey Viktor, I've tried to look to the previous video for comparison but they are no longer available.
Hello @Alessandro Mainente now the videos should be visible. Only the PE is relevant for this last update though. Thanks!
Definitely Better!!
Great! Good to hear.