This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Prone Floor Handstand Flexion with Weighted Bar

Started by Chris Toynbee, April 16, 2019 · 4 Replies · 100 Views

Chris Toynbee

Hi everyone,

 

Thanks for all your support.

I'm doing the Prone Floor Handstand Flexion with Weighted Bar in the handstand series. I'm using a metal bar which probably weights only a couple of kgs. The smallest amount of weight I can on this is 5kg (2.5 kg on each end). This is currently too much for my shoulders. 

My question is, assuming my form is fine, is the metal bar enough weight to call it a pass on mastery?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Chris,

I suggest starting with an unweighted bar. You can even use a broom stick if you can't find anything else. First focus on your form, then work to increase the weight. Your goal to be able to perform this exercise with a 3-4 Kg bar.

Chris Toynbee

Thanks for the feedback!

Alessandro Mainente

I would consider also another option:

if with the steel bar you cannot reach the minimum range of motion required then look for a lighter one.

Chris Toynbee

I think range of motion is good with the metal bar. I will post a video to check.