This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1

Started by Geonho Lee, April 15, 2019 · 21 Replies · 182 Views

Geonho Lee

hello! check please coach!

 

 

Everett Carroll

Nice protraction and retraction. 

Rather than arching your spine, allow your body to move up and down slightly. Focusing on keeping a straight bodyline with posterior pelvic tilt should fix the issue. Maintain it at all costs. 

Geonho Lee
On 4/15/2019 at 11:36 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Nice protraction and retraction. 

Rather than arching your spine, allow your body to move up and down slightly. Focusing on keeping a straight bodyline with posterior pelvic tilt should fix the issue. Maintain it at all costs. 

Posterior pelvic tilt, Ok! Thank you coach I really appreciate it

Alessandro Mainente

Also try to avoid forward shoulder lean. the major goal here is the retraction and protraction with neutral shoulder flexion.

Geonho Lee
On 4/18/2019 at 5:25 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Also try to avoid forward shoulder lean. the major goal here is the retraction and protraction with neutral shoulder flexion.

Ok that's really good advice thank you!

Geonho Lee

 

On 4/18/2019 at 5:25 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Also try to avoid forward shoulder lean. the major goal here is the retraction and protraction with neutral shoulder flexion.

Alessandro, this is my current progress. check please I really want to move to the next level, but I think this is what is holding me

 

Alessandro Mainente

Not yet , i suggest you perform this more often in the week. a lack of internal rotation is not good. you can also use the other hand to help the knee to move closer to the floor.

Geonho Lee
17 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not yet , i suggest you perform this more often in the week. a lack of internal rotation is not good. you can also use the other hand to help the knee to move closer to the floor.

Ok, I was wondering If the more times I try for a week the better it is?

Alessandro Mainente

3-4 times in a week.

Geonho Lee
On 6/23/2019 at 4:28 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

3-4 times in a week.

Am I ready?? Cheack please!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Not yet, touch the floor for the mastery, dos it takes time? yes. how much? i do not have an answer for you.

Geonho Lee
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not yet, touch the floor for the mastery, dos it takes time? yes. how much? i do not have an answer for you.

Ok! Thank you

Geonho Lee
On 7/27/2019 at 5:20 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not yet, touch the floor for the mastery, dos it takes time? yes. how much? i do not have an answer for you.

What do you think of this?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Comparing your feet stance with the course video you can notice that you are using a larger stance and it makes the exercise easier. 

I have answered you on Saturday and for this exercise in particular, is impossible to gain additional range of motion in a couple of days.

Geonho Lee
15 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Comparing your feet stance with the course video you can notice that you are using a larger stance and it makes the exercise easier. 

I have answered you on Saturday and for this exercise in particular, is impossible to gain additional range of motion in a couple of days.

Yes coach. Sorry:)

Geonho Lee
16 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Comparing your feet stance with the course video you can notice that you are using a larger stance and it makes the exercise easier. 

I have answered you on Saturday and for this exercise in particular, is impossible to gain additional range of motion in a couple of days.

I guess It’s one of the common qyestion but I was jus wondering If i move to next step. SPL PE1 is actually quite easy for me. and I’ve been training the swivel hips three times a week.

please your advice

Alessandro Mainente

The rule is that both PE and IM shuìould be mastered. these problems occur when people do not train for years or they forgive to maintain/train some range of motion, this is basically the approach for having range of motion deficits and possibly injury in the future. no reason to stay in this situation, we fix the weak point first. in your case hips range of motion.

Geonho Lee
15 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The rule is that both PE and IM shuìould be mastered. these problems occur when people do not train for years or they forgive to maintain/train some range of motion, this is basically the approach for having range of motion deficits and possibly injury in the future. no reason to stay in this situation, we fix the weak point first. in your case hips range of motion.

I appreciate it. Your advice is always helpful

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

I appreciate it. Your advice is always helpful

You are very close to the mastery...think about the tons of reps you did!!!! it is paying off....healthy hips

Geonho Lee
On 8/2/2019 at 6:10 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

You are very close to the mastery...think about the tons of reps you did!!!! it is paying off....healthy hips

check please, have I been doing it right?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Almost done. please do one set more for your right hip. it is tighter compared to the left.

Geonho Lee
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Almost done. please do one set more for your right hip. it is tighter compared to the left.

Ok I’m going to keep training this movement 3-4 times a week for a week