This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tight quads and hip flexors

Started by FOMANYI Fossoh, April 11, 2019 · 1 Replies · 105 Views

FOMANYI Fossoh

Good Day. 

So I have been doing the GST schedule recommended by coach Sommers. I find the most difficulties with the front split stretch. My goodness its hard. I modify most of the moves by using blocks and the stretch strap, however when attempting the final stretches where you place your shin against the wall, I struggle with staying upright and with tilting  my hips posteriorly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Could I also get a video tutorial. Thanks for your input in advance

Everett Carroll

There is a tutorial video that appears in the bottom right of the follow along. You can also access it through your course library. You can also always submit a form check video here for review; that's the best way to get personalized tips. 

If you are extremely tight, consider splitting the stretch into two parts like Jimmy shows here: