This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

All Day

Started by Michael King, April 9, 2019 · 2 Replies · 97 Views

Michael King

A few years ago , I read an article called ‘Sitting is the new smoking”. In it, it revealed that no amount of working out can undo the damage done by sitting for 8 hours a day. I work for the government and immediately put in for a sit-stand desk. And promptly (1 year later) I got it. Here’s the problem: I’m still rounded forward working on a computer. I’m also sure my body posture/mechanics aren’t consistently good.

my question is, Are there exercises/movements that I can do to maintain/improve mobility in all my joints every hour or so to help reverse this damage that can’t be fixed if I ignore it Until after work each day?

thanks.

Everett Carroll

Hey Michael,

Trying to move more throughout the day is a great plan. There are a bunch of different ways to do this but here's one idea:

Cycle through the 7 Restore sequences during the day. Each one is only 10-minutes long so if you did one every hour you could do them all every day. Those cover all of the basics and don't require any equipment. You'd also learn quickly which videos and positions are most effective for you. So, after a while, you could start holding your favorite stretches for longer (60+ seconds) but experimenting with all 7 is a good starting point. 

Consider aiming to complete all 7 every day but, if you don't, just begin where you left off on the next.

Michael King

Hey, thanks, Everett! Great idea!