Hi,
I've just started Mana PE6 Negative Hanging Leg Lift and I'm feeling it in the front of the shoulders.
Can anyone recommend exercises to help strengthen that part? I would say that feels like the limiting factor.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Chris Toynbee, April 8, 2019 · 16 Replies · 253 Views
Hi,
I've just started Mana PE6 Negative Hanging Leg Lift and I'm feeling it in the front of the shoulders.
Can anyone recommend exercises to help strengthen that part? I would say that feels like the limiting factor.
hi Chris, how is your shoulder mobility, are you doing the thoracic bridge series and the handstand?
Yes, I'm doing the thoracic bridge series. I've been doing it a couple of years.
I'm also doing the beginner handstand series. I've been doing that less time.
Would you like me to video a specific shoulder mobility exercise?
The first mobility exercise from the free handstand course (seated flexion w/ weighted bar) and elevated cat from the thoracic bridge series would be helpful to see.
Also, videos of your current PE6 and PE6 mobility form, please.
11 hours ago, Chris Toynbee said:Yes, I'm doing the thoracic bridge series. I've been doing it a couple of years.
I'm also doing the beginner handstand series. I've been doing that less time.
Would you like me to video a specific shoulder mobility exercise?
Before all please post a video form, from the side and from the front if possible.
Hi,
Here's that form video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkggjk2ydzxp0su/Negative Hanging Leg Lift.mov?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivug39u6u32y3dj/Negative Hanging Leg Lift Side.mov?dl=0
My shoulders felt a little better this time so perhaps I am just getting used to the exercise.
Thanks @Alessandro Mainente
Hey Chris, actually the movement it is too slow in the first part. the goal is only the eccentric part (negative one). this means that you can use more momentum n order to reach the compression before the negative.
Hi Alessandro,
Thank you so much for the feedback!
On 4/9/2019 at 5:04 AM, Everett Carroll said:The first mobility exercise from the free handstand course (seated flexion w/ weighted bar) and elevated cat from the thoracic bridge series would be helpful to see.
Also, videos of your current PE6 and PE6 mobility form, please.
Hi Everett,
Sorry I missed your message.
Here's a video of my elevated cat: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmazxry70grqbm1/elevated cat.mov?dl=0
I'll organise a video for my mobility on PE5 (haven't reached 6 yet).
Thank you so much for your help.
This forum is a fantastic resource thanks to people like you and @Alessandro Mainente.
Hey Chris, looking to the video, yes the problem in the anterior part of the shoulder can be a very very limited range of movement (clearly visible from the cat stretch). personally, i suggest working on cat stretch more often because is your weak point.
Thanks for the feedback I will try and work the elevated cat stretch into my daily routine.
Does that sound ok?
Begin from doing it twice a week, then if your shoulder recovers you can add one day and so on.
ok thanks again!
Hey!
I also have a question on the negative hanging leg lift. Here is a video of my rep for the negative hanging leg lift:
This is as slow as I can do it, and having a 10 second decline seems out of reach at the moment.
Is there an intermediate step between this exercise and the hanging leg lift? I feel like I can do the hanging leg lift with good form, but the jump from hanging leg lifts to negative hanging leg lifts is quite big.
Would appreciate your thoughts on my form or any tips.
Alessando
Was that latest comment for me or Juris?
3 hours ago, Chris Toynbee said:Alessando
Was that latest comment for me or Juris?
sorry Chris, it was for Juris.
On 5/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, Juris Baltacs said:Hey!
I also have a question on the negative hanging leg lift. Here is a video of my rep for the negative hanging leg lift:
This is as slow as I can do it, and having a 10 second decline seems out of reach at the moment.
Is there an intermediate step between this exercise and the hanging leg lift? I feel like I can do the hanging leg lift with good form, but the jump from hanging leg lifts to negative hanging leg lifts is quite big.
Would appreciate your thoughts on my form or any tips.
![]()
Hey Juris, I need to have more feedback from your already mastered element. i would like to see from you:
-one set on MN PE3
-one set of IM4, IM5.
thanks