This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing after mastering the Wrist Strength Elements?

Started by Nils Westfelt, April 6, 2019 · 4 Replies · 139 Views

Nils Westfelt

Sup fellow handstanders! 

I have been progressing nicely through the wrist and fingers strength exercises and I’m now on the last step on the final progression for each one. What do I do when this becomes to easy? Is there anyone else out there who has taking these strength elements to the next level, and if so, how? 

Thinking this would be a nice topic and discussion to have and a way to share experience and information with each other. 

Cheers!

Nisse

Everett Carroll

Hey Nisse,

Maintenance is the next step. Just perform a single set of 10r of each and add in a set of 10 hopping fingertip push-ups (I believe those are shown in the new extended warmup video). 

Nils Westfelt
6 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Nisse,

Maintenance is the next step. Just perform a single set of 10r of each and add in a set of 10 hopping fingertip push-ups (I believe those are shown in the new extended warmup video). 

Ok cool! Unfortunately I don’t have GB unlimited. Since I bought F1-4, HS1-2, and Movement it seems to me that the subscription is a little bit of an overkill for me until I progress further into my training. And because of that I can’t watch the extended warmup unfortunately. Would hopping fingertip push-ups be something you could explain how to do or show me in a video or something? That would be awesomely amazing! 

Cheers

Everett Carroll

In the hopping fingertip push-up variation, your fingers are splayed like you're trying to palm a basketball. Instead of descending to your palms, you stay on them the whole time.  You might want to start by just doing kneeling push-ups in that position since it is way more time on tips. I can't imagine you'll need anything easier than that, though, since you're doing the full version of the standard FTP. The hopping portion is as it sounds: explode up so your hands leave the ground, land back on splayed fingertips, and repeat. Due to the powerful nature of this variation, the set of 10 is over pretty quick.  

Nils Westfelt
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

In the hopping fingertip push-up variation, your fingers are splayed like you're trying to palm a basketball. Instead of descending to your palms, you stay on them the whole time.  You might want to start by just doing kneeling push-ups in that position since it is way more time on tips. I can't imagine you'll need anything easier than that, though, since you're doing the full version of the standard FTP. The hopping portion is as it sounds: explode up so your hands leave the ground, land back on splayed fingertips, and repeat. Due to the powerful nature of this variation, the set of 10 is over pretty quick.  

Cool beans! Thanks for the explanation Everett. I’ll try them out on my next workout and see how it goes. 

Cheers