This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS SE1

Started by Zachary Ladwig, April 4, 2019 · 12 Replies · 157 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi just getting started on this one. How does it look? 

I am definitely not going low enough, but also it didn’t feel like I was mobile enough to go any lower when I was doing it. How can I work on this?

Everett Carroll

Not a bad start on this one, Zachary. Can you film a front view? We'd like to check the way your working knee is tracking. 

Also, try to open your non-working hip so that your thigh and shin on that side are parallel to the floor at the bottom of each rep. 

Zachary Ladwig

Hi Everett, thanks!

 

here is a front view 

And another side view for good measure 

 

Zachary Ladwig

And also an IM

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Zachary, nice work. generally speaking, the IM is ok. now on the PE can you reach the point where the upper leg is horizontal?

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente thank you!

 

i will work on keeping the top leg horizontal. Right now, I don’t feel like I am mobile enough to do it. 

 

@Everett Carroll is the knee tracking okay in the front view?

 

 

Everett Carroll
12 minutes ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

is the knee tracking okay in the front view?

Yeah, you're all good there. I don't have anything to add to Alex's suggestion. 

Zachary Ladwig

@Everett Carroll and @Alessandro Mainente

 

What stretches can I do to improve mobility of the bent leg hip? My right hip is significantly more tight than the left 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The front split series, the "vertical shin lunge" variation.

Zachary Ladwig

Cool will do. Meant to post a video last time - here it is for reference 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Not bad, if you can move down to parallel at least is ok!

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente thanks

 

how is the depth on these? If I go mucb deeper it becomes very hard on the quad. Also just the technique generally? I do not feel very balanced.

 

https://youtu.be/4_UuRSJV-ig

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement! I recommend spending another couple of weeks on this one to refine your movement and get used to the balance. Your first leg looks like you can get a little bit more ROM. Your depth is better on your second leg.