This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1

Started by Jimmy Cone, April 4, 2019 · 6 Replies · 43 Views

Jimmy Cone

Can I get a form check one these? Been working on them, but have to take it back a notch, failed my sets today, and want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly.

Rope Climb PE1

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you're doing a pretty good job, Jimmy. As you get tired, be careful not to hunch forward during your row. Try to maintain a straight body line be engaging your core and glutes and keeping your head in a neutral position.

Can you also post a video of your iM?

Jimmy Cone

Thanks for the advice, I will make sure to post a video of the iM this evening.

Another question I have is whether I should be aiming for a full protraction and retraction in the shoulder blades, or if I should keep them neutral?

Everett Carroll

During your rows, aim to depress and retract your shoulder blades as much as possible. In the straight arm position, before you initiate the pull, you can let your shoulder blades spread apart. As soon as you begin a rep, however, strongly depress and retract as you pull up. 

Jimmy Cone

@Jeffrey Bittner here is the integrated mobility. RC PE1>iM

Thanks for the tip Everett. 

Everett Carroll

It's hard to tell for sure but it looks like you may be holding tension in your back. Really try to sit back and relax as much as possible into the stretch; don't pull against the counter. 

Jimmy Cone

Good call, I was pulling. When I started I just didn’t feel like I was getting enough of a stretch, lol. I’ll make that adjustment!