This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GB Unlimited Feature Request

Started by Jimmy Cone, April 3, 2019 · 4 Replies · 170 Views

Jimmy Cone

Hey y'all, I want to start out by saying that I have been loving the move to GB Unlimited. I originally purchased a few of the courses some years back, but I had only purchased 4 courses (F1 and Stretch) and was unable to purchase the amount of courses and equipment I felt that I needed for quite some time. This switch to Unlimited made using all the courses in an integrated manner possible for me, and subscribing to GB Unlimited has helped me to be consistent for the first time since owning the courses for at least two years. I also love all of the new content being added, it's obvious that everyone is working really hard to move this product forward.

With that being said, I had a few thoughts:

First, I think that it would be beneficial to add a forum section in the paid forums to post feature requests. This could give us a place to give our input.

Second, I have another feature request I have been thinking about. I think it would be great to see some general educational content rolling out along with the exercise content. I'm imagining something to teach more of the GST theory. Some things are mentioned briefly in the various courses, and other nuggets are dispersed throughout the forums. I have found nuggets in the forums and thought about how much benefit everyone would get if a little bit of theory and methodology was expanded upon in some videos.

Here are some ideas:

  1. I know that there is already a daily limber video, but given how much "add it to your daily limber" is mentioned in the forums, I think a video on how to put together a daily limber and when/how to add in new elements as needed would be helpful. Adding things to one's daily limber is a very common suggestion, but most of us don't know that would look like when we first start. For example, if we need to add a hip element, do we need to replace the hip element or just add the new one in? (If I added everything to my daily limber that I was bad at it would be an forty minute warm up, lol!)
  2. Building on that, Alessandro recently suggested in a forum that we should add our mastered movements from Foundation into our warm up. Although it may be common sense to those that have been on the journey for a while, or have a background in sports, having a warm up before foundations work is not suggested unless you look, and it's not included in the recommended schedule, so it may be beneficial to have a video to go a bit more in depth.
  3. A video educating people about equipment would be awesome!
  4. One to educate people who cannot afford equipment, so that they can use common household items.
  5. More theory and methodology on flexibility vs. mobility: what is the difference, how are each built or achieved, what are healthy ranges, how to avoid injury while pursuing them.
  6. Recovery
  7. Breaking through plateaus
  8. Anatomy and proper range of motion
  9. Etc.

This is something that I think would be incredibly beneficial for everyone, but especially those new to the site- almost like a series of videos that would act as an orientation and continued education. It's not that people can't go and find all of this information by digging through the forum, the blog, or searching for podcasts and videos that Coach Sommers has been featured in (as I regularly do, and have over the years), but since new content is coming out regularly, I think having an educational section in addition to those that are already included would be amazing.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jimmy, don't misunderstand me but you are asking for a superior type of education that is much more linked to a university course. I do not think that this is the case. I've ridden tons of information on GB forum, i made the GB seminars with Coach Sommer that is a gold mine in terms of experience and information, i've elaborated deeper and deeper the information of the forum as a student first and a coach now....in the last 10 years.

Unfortunately, we cannot make any assumptions about the starting point of people education, some of them need more general information other people even more general...we can regress this problem until basic knowledge is discussed. but at t,his point Functional anatomy, biomechanics of movement, periodization of training are the bases behind all the approaches, including GST. you can begin my studying by yourself these parts.

Jimmy Cone

Hey Alessandro, thanks for the reply.

I see what you are saying about a lot of this being related to more in-depth topics that would require a university level of learning, but that is not necessarily what I was suggesting. I know that all of this information is available elsewhere, but I felt that it would be beneficial for subscribers to have basic information presented to them in video format specifically addressing some of these important topics in relation to GST in particular, especially since information elsewhere varies greatly from source to source. Video format would be beneficial for certain topics, helping to cover basic ideas that all people that practice GST should know.

I will continue to study these things on my own, but wanted to give my thoughts on a way to put the cookies on the bottom shelf for newcomers.

Coach Sommer

Hi Jimmy,

There is indeed a quite extensive educational component currently in development that addresses many of the questions and features you mentioned.  It will however be a completely separate from the workout courses.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jimmy Cone

Thanks for the response, coach, sounds exciting!