This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical Shin Advice

Started by Jimmy Cone, April 3, 2019 · 4 Replies · 141 Views

Jimmy Cone

So I have been working on my vertical shin for about 6 weeks. I have made a bit of progress, not that you can really tell, but I couldn’t sit up at all once the rear leg was in position. I’m adding links to videos to show me trying to get into position, and what I have been doing instead to make progress. Please let me know if you have any advice, thanks. 

Vertical Shin Left Leg

Vertical Shin Right Leg

Everett Carroll

Hey Jimmy,

Smart work splitting the stretch into two. The quad portion looks great. For the hip flexor half, be sure to focus on staying upright and maintaining PPT by engaging the glute of your front leg. 

Jimmy Cone

Thanks Everett! And I just want to make sure, by the hip flexor half do you mean the part with the shin on the wall?

Everett Carroll
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cone said:

Thanks Everett! And I just want to make sure, by the hip flexor half do you mean the part with the shin on the wall?

The part without the shin on the wall. The lunge. 

Jimmy Cone

@Everett Carroll Okay awesome. Thanks!