This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS SE4

Started by Jacob Maxson, March 31, 2019 · 5 Replies · 90 Views

Jacob Maxson

I’m a bit worried about hand placement and foot flutter.  Thanks for the help!

 

https://youtu.be/rgzrDhVtxB8

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jacob, unfortunately, there are too many mistakes here, from closed shoulders to shaking legs, some time knees bend. too many.

the major issue here is the closed shoulders. i need to ask you to show me the mastery of IM from 1 to 5. If you have correctly mastered you should not have problems filming them in one session.

Jacob Maxson

Hey Alessandro!  Here are the are videos of me attempting IM 1-5.  I don’t have a weighted bar so I tried to improvise. Thanks again for your time and help. 

https://youtu.be/QO-3G3JakHw

https://youtu.be/EDE_cdBOz-U

https://youtu.be/7Qsh2Aig2ro

https://youtu.be/3JpIIp20-6c

https://youtu.be/JDUZqshuPI4

- Jake 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jacob..you did the 4th video with grip on palm down?? this makes a huge difference, it is definitely harder.

Now...i'm referring to the last video, we have 2 problems:

-the grip is not enough to proceed, it should be only a bit more of shoulder width.

-the movement it is not symmetrical, you can see ti by the distance between shoulder and head on the 2 sides. if you have a tight side the body will react with compensation.

you need to step back here.

 

Jacob Maxson

Thanks Alessandro!

 

wheb you say go Mack to IM 5, are you meaning to take the entire progression back to IM 5 or just my mobility?  Sorry if im just misunderstanding.  I’ll post a video of my Chinese handstand to show what I’ve recdntly been working on the most.  Thanks. 

 - Jake

Everett Carroll

You should wait to advance from a pair of progressions until both your strength and mobility are at mastery level.