What size rings should I buy, I see there are 1.11 and 1.25 in. I am 5'9 and 175?
Also where can I find Xtreme Rings, that used to be popular on here?
Started by Jeff Walker, March 28, 2019 · 6 Replies · 4,506 Views
What size rings should I buy, I see there are 1.11 and 1.25 in. I am 5'9 and 175?
Also where can I find Xtreme Rings, that used to be popular on here?
Hey Jeff, suggested diameter is listed here
Most rings I see for sale are 1.25in
So its 1.11in?
Are the Xtreme Rings still for sales?
Can someone post a link to a pair on amazon that are similiar to the Xtreme Rings?
So what is the size that I should train with 1.11in or 1.25in?
The official size of a competitive gymnastics ring is 1.1in which is 27.94mm or basically 28mm.
The official size of a competitive mens olympic lifting bar is 28mm. Note that the largest super heavy weight olympic lifter competes with the same 28mm bar as the smallest weight class. Larger athletes do not compete with larger diameter bars.
The same rule applies to gymnastics ring size. The urban myth of needing a larger diameter ring for larger athletes is simply something that has been propogated by the uninformed. The size of the athlete has nothing to do with the size of the ring used.
Get the 1.1in.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
THanks