This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE1 iM Bent Arm Tuck Planche

Started by Benjamin Nutt, March 22, 2019 · 3 Replies · 67 Views

Benjamin Nutt

Hey folks! I was having a hard time with the iM for SPL PE1 so I scaled it down. I'm following @Alessandro Mainente's advice to scale down and use the following progressions:

  1. Bent arm tuck planche
  2. Bent arm advanced tuck planche
  3. Bent arm single leg planche

My goal is to master all of these before moving on to the actual iM, bent arm half straddle planche. 

I'm only able to hold the BA tuck planche for about 4 seconds max right now. How does my form look? Open to any pointers!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Benjamin, your hips are higher, when working on tuck variation you need something under your hands.

Benjamin Nutt

@Alessandro Mainente thanks. Just so I understand correctly, should my hips be level with my elbows?

Would it be appropriate to use parallettes for this drill, or would it be better to elevate myself on something flat?

Alessandro Mainente

yes hips and shoulders must be leveled. you can use both paralletes or flat surface.