This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I got injured my back, what should I do...

Started by Geonho Lee, March 20, 2019 · 4 Replies · 126 Views

Geonho Lee

 about 3 days ago, I hurt my back while I was doing the pHS PE1>iM training...

It’s getting pretty better at it but I still have pain in my back that’s why I haven’t been doing exercise for a while...

I’m so worried about having a long period of rest and I’m afraid my flexibility is getting worse.

Why have I gotten injured my back? overtraining? if not, just my mistake the  other day?

I felt a knot in my beck for a while Is that the reason why I got injured?

Everett Carroll
3 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

I felt a knot in my beck for a while Is that the reason why I got injured?

Hey Geonho,

I'm sorry to hear about your injury man. I suspect that the section I quoted was at least the start of the issue, yes. You should go see a doctor as soon as you can and rest your back completely until you get a diagnosis. Losing flexibility or strength is irrelevant at this point. You must wait until your back is healed! 

In the future, any time you feel a knot or other discomfort while training (other than your muscles working hard) stop immediately. The inverted stretches are easy to overdo so when you are recovered and back to training them to be sure the intensity is kept low. You don't want to force the stretch in that position.

Coach Sommer

Hello Geonho,

Forgive me if I am incorrect, but from glancing over some of your posts it appears that you have only been doing GST for a few months.  You were probably not yet ready to be doing an intermediate mobility exercise like inverted stall bar work.

Slow down.  First things first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Geonho Lee
On 3/21/2019 at 11:55 AM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Geonho,

I'm sorry to hear about your injury man. I suspect that the section I quoted was at least the start of the issue, yes. You should go see a doctor as soon as you can and rest your back completely until you get a diagnosis. Losing flexibility or strength is irrelevant at this point. You must wait until your back is healed! 

In the future, any time you feel a knot or other discomfort while training (other than your muscles working hard) stop immediately. The inverted stretches are easy to overdo so when you are recovered and back to training them to be sure the intensity is kept low. You don't want to force the stretch in that position.

Yeah I’ve saw the doctor and I’m being treated

I think I will learn a lot from the experience this time

and I’ve been doing the exercise that is not related to my back(...vocabulary roght..?)

thank you so much

Geonho Lee
23 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hello Geonho,

Forgive me if I am incorrect, but from glancing over some of your posts it appears that you have only been doing GST for a few months.  You were probably not yet ready to be doing an intermediate mobility exercise like inverted stall bar work.

Slow down.  First things first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I’ve been working out for about a year 

I didn’t have the exact knowledge about the gymnastic training at that time but I’ve been working out consistently

so am I still not ready to be doing those?but I don’t want to hurry