This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Advice required

Started by Tiago Marques, March 18, 2019 · 8 Replies · 133 Views

Tiago Marques

Hi,

 

I am experiencing some issues with RC PE3, step 5, my arms get tired before i am able to finish.

I can obviously post a form review, but i should say that i have always struggled with pulling exercises, in fact i can do pull ups, but only untill a certain number of reps (5), that´s why i was trying to building strength and/or mobility with these 'easier' version of pulling, but it seems that i have hit yet another wall.

I´m on these particular step for 6months. 

 

I would appreciate any advice you can offer me.

 

Thanks,

Tiago

Everett Carroll

Hey Tiago,

Can you submit form checks for RC/PE1, 2, and 3? It is helpful to see form before anything else. 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Tiago Marques said:

Hi,

 

I am experiencing some issues with RC PE3, step 5, my arms get tired before i am able to finish.

I can obviously post a form review, but i should say that i have always struggled with pulling exercises, in fact i can do pull ups, but only untill a certain number of reps (5), that´s why i was trying to building strength and/or mobility with these 'easier' version of pulling, but it seems that i have hit yet another wall.

I´m on these particular step for 6months. 

 

I would appreciate any advice you can offer me.

 

Thanks,

Tiago

I'm not surprised by that, all of my new clients are able to perform pullup but not completing the rowing variations? why? because pullup is much more multi joints exercise with great aid from lats while rowing variations is much more elbows flexion muscles. and when you perform pullup and elbow flexor get fatigued then you cannot pullup anymore. another consequence is elbows injury.

Tiago Marques

Submitting the form checks, i could already notice some issues just by watching, big mistake on my part, i will correct that, that being said, please help me with what i don´t see.

 

Thanks,

Tiago

Tiago Marques
On 3/18/2019 at 6:25 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Tiago,

Can you submit form checks for RC/PE1, 2, and 3? It is helpful to see form before anything else. 

Submitting the form checks, i could already notice some issues just by watching, big mistake on my part, i will correct that, that being said, please help me with what i don´t see.

 

https://youtu.be/fuqwlHkQtUo

https://youtu.be/vPtQsHui4DQ

https://youtu.be/Ics_XDTxp0c

Thanks,

 

Tiago

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Tiago, the form is ok. I suppose that you know that you should train only ONE movement in a training session. they are a progression, first master the first one...then move on.

Tiago Marques
11 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Tiago, the form is ok. I suppose that you know that you should train only ONE movement in a training session. they are a progression, first master the first one...then move on.

Yes, i am aware of that, i only did the movements in order to show the form. 

Since the form is ok, should i keep on doing the RC PE3 until i become strong enough? 

Alessandro Mainente

No, you should train PE1 and IM1 and master them with the required standard. if they are ok you can move over PE2 and so on.

Tiago Marques
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

No, you should train PE1 and IM1 and master them with the required standard. if they are ok you can move over PE2 and so on.

OK, great. i will do that, thank you alessandro.