learning a skill

Started by Alessandro Mainente, April 29, 2010 · 6 Replies · 1,701 Views

Alessandro Mainente

i have a question about the learning process of a skill, is preferable to train a skill a bit every day or is prefereable try it 2-3 time a week for a lot of time? and how long i have to practice it (in minutes)? can someone tell me an example?

thanks for who answer

Razz

I prefer about ½ hour to 45 mins as many times a week as you want if we are talking technical skills such as flips twists etc.. it can be done more but you won't learn stuff by doing one attempt per day, this is one thing where greasing the grove does not apply imo.

Alessandro Mainente

thank you for the answer

Sternford

Is it just me or does it seem like if you spend too much time working a skill in one sitting you get worse?

Razz

It's not just you :P

Alessandro Mainente

maybe...some people think like you, some people think in a different way, i ask an aid for this reason because i don't have the time to try these to methods separately...

Wangtang6911

I've noticed that all of my strength skills (Cross, maltese, planche) have come from training multiple times a week. What usually happens is that you will get to a point where you don't feel like you are getting any stronger. When that happens, I back off that strength skill and train something else for a week or so.

Then when I come back, I find that my strength regarding that skill usually grows tremendously!