This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge, It's okay to do like this??

Started by Geonho Lee, March 9, 2019 · 11 Replies · 213 Views

Geonho Lee

I can't do the full Thoracic bridge exercise, so this is my best. 

Should I do like this as a beginner?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Geonho, in the bridge stretch course, there is no floor bridge work. Since you are not able to perform it, focus on the course.

Geonho Lee
14 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Geonho, in the bridge stretch course, there is no floor bridge work. Since you are not able to perform it, focus on the course.

I feel like It hard for me to do the elevated Thoracic Bridge, so I did like this, this is easy for me than the thoracic bridge exercise. Did I make a mistake?

Do I have to necessarily do the elevated Thoracic Bridge with the wall? If it's hard for me... there is some other exercise for my current level?

Alessandro Mainente

I'M gonna ask you to read carefully this post and the answer of Coach Sommer.

what about if your lower back begins to hurt? 

what about if your shoulder begins to hurt?

it is not a matter of what it is easier for you, it is a matter of what you need. you floor bridge is pushing more on the lower back and you do not need this.

the elevated bridge is harder probably due to lack of t-spine mobility and, in fact, on the floor bridge, you are making this gap so evident.

training in the comfort zone will never make you stronger.

 

Coach Sommer
12 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

I feel like It hard for me to do the elevated Thoracic Bridge, so I did like this, this is easy for me than the thoracic bridge exercise. Did I make a mistake?

Do I have to necessarily do the elevated Thoracic Bridge with the wall? If it's hard for me... there is some other exercise for my current level?

Yes, you made a mistake.  You need to focus first on elevated thoracic bridge.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Geonho Lee
On 3/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Geonho, in the bridge stretch course, there is no floor bridge work. Since you are not able to perform it, focus on the course.

 

On 3/11/2019 at 12:14 AM, Coach Sommer said:

Yes, you made a mistake.  You need to focus first on elevated thoracic bridge.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

today I did the thoracic bridge like this. check please!

 

Neil Gynther

That looks pretty good to me. It’s taking the pressure off of your lower back and pushing your shoulders into flexion. I usually do something similar using a couch. Just be sure to keep your elbows straight and push hard into the floor.

Everett Carroll

Agreed, this is much better. Now I suggest you find a way to measure the height of your feet so that you can gradually work down toward the floor. On an unmarked wall, it will be harder to manage progress. 

Geonho Lee
13 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Agreed, this is much better. Now I suggest you find a way to measure the height of your feet so that you can gradually work down toward the floor. On an unmarked wall, it will be harder to manage progress. 

Are there other ways to measure the height of my feet? and Would It be changed the hand position and do I have to avoid that?

Is it okay to do this exercise without any marks? but I know I must not place leg too low toward the floor first

Alessandro Mainente

don't you have a box? a stallbar?

Geonho Lee
On 3/17/2019 at 7:42 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

don't you have a box? a stallbar?

i don’t have any them...

Alessandro Mainente

no steps? no benches? are you training in a fitness gym? there should be steps or benches.