Little stretching technique that works

Started by wingspan, April 29, 2010 · 9 Replies · 3,128 Views

wingspan

I happened upon this stretching technique whilst browsing youtube. I think I'll incorporate into my stretching routine from now on.

Just out of interest the guy on the video claims the technique works by releasing intra-abdominal pressure which in turn loosens the hammies. Is this the case or is there another process at work here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h7YQ6Ym ... re=related

Hope you find it useful and sorry it's not embedded :oops:

Tarun Suri

I wasn't sure if I was doing it right. But I did gain about 1-2 inches in my reach the floor test. I guess it works.

braindx

It's basically massage to the diaphragm.

If you have a lot of tension in your body it can irradiate to other muscles...... like squeezing grip hard for upper body exercises helping more.

Parasympathetic feedback to the nervous system loosening stuff up should have the opposite effect as well with other muscles which is why this technique work.

Interesting to say the least.

Tarun Suri

Do you know of other methods/techniques exist to apply Parasympathetic feedback to the nervous system.

jl5555

It really only works in Australia. :twisted:

Julian Aldag

Well being in Australia does help :P It worked for me. But then again I tend to be chronically tight. Perhaps it was less effective as you may hold less tension in that area?

jl5555

Here's a video of a method I employ to increase my forward bend, try it out...

Tarun Suri

I honestly couldn't tell if that was a joke or not. Nevertheless I lol'ed :lol:

wingspan

jl, I got my stretching tips off Crocodile Dundee the minute I stepped of the plane. :D

btw I'll be sure to try your technique, maybe during the fight tomorrow.

Julian Aldag

Using beer as an incentive? Interesting.