This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative Parallel Bar Dip - Can I substitute for rings?

Started by Miguel Perez, March 4, 2019 · 2 Replies · 131 Views

Miguel Perez

Hello all,

I do not have a setup at home for dips at the moment (small apartment). My question is, may I substitute the parallel bars in this exercise for rings suspended from a pull up bar and still achieve the desired results? Or, would this be too advanced and do more harm than good? I have read before to approach ring work carefully and want to follow this program as best as I can. 

Thank you in advance,

Miguel

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Miguel nope they are merged in a progression for different intensity, can't you use a couple of chairs?

Miguel Perez

Thanks for the quick response! I had not considered chairs, and after testing it out it works! I facepalmed after reading that idea haha.

Miguel