This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 im

Started by Eloy Bote, March 3, 2019 · 20 Replies · 172 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi coach,

Please can I have some advice of my form with this im exercise? I don't know if I'm doing it right, so I'm going to show you 2 different approaches with side and back view.

In the take 2 videos I can drive my arms further back than the take 1 videos but I don't know if I'm cheating or something.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Eloy, the biggest problem here is the arc in the lower back.

you MUST avoid arc in the lower back.

Eloy Bote
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Eloy, the biggest problem here is the arc in the lower back.

you MUST avoid arc in the lower back.

Gosh I forgot that :facepalm:

Appart from that, wich one of the 2 approaches was the best? I mean talking about the scapula position.

Alessandro Mainente

There is only one approach: seated upright without leaning, produce the full shoulder flexion, the lean while holding the flexion already reached.

Eloy Bote

How about this one? Did I reach the 180 degrees? Please I want to learn first the scapula position and then focus on leaning forward (and don't stick the head out too).

Alessandro Mainente

here you have reached 180°, hold the head in a normal position. no reason to stick it forward.

Eloy Bote

Thank you Alessandro! I'm glad, I'm improving because of you! I'll stick with this exercise until I can lean forward with neutral head position.

Eloy Bote

Any tip to lean forward? Everytime I try it I arch my lower back and stick my chest forward and that's wrong. Or I lean forward with straight back but the arms come forward too maintaining a straight line with the body :( 

Alessandro Mainente

INcrease the hand's grip on the bar until it is possible to reach the correct form. no reason to adjust the arms angle or the spine alignment.

Eloy Bote

What should I do with my pelvis? I keep posterior pelvic tilt to not arch my back but I can't flex at the hips to lean forward wile my pelvis is in that position, is even possible to do that? I always go ppt when I wan't to lock my hips. Maybe should I go neutral pelvis?

Alessandro Mainente

Neutral position is easier then ppt, have you tried to increase the grip?

Eloy Bote
37 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Neutral position is easier then ppt, have you tried to increase the grip?

Yes, with wider grip I have some room of movement, I'm not stuck, but I will give it a try with neutral pelvis because I want to lean as much as possible to achieve mastery. My round offs have improve a lot with this exercise, I'm not even joking, my scapular elevation is super easy now.

Eloy Bote

Today I've been with the pt and we have work the shoulder flexion. With his help I have reached a nice lean forward, not that much as the guy in the video, but pretty close. I will keep working on this to do it by myself.

Eloy Bote

A little update. I'm still working in the shoulder flexion, and today my pt gave me approval regarding the scapular movement (I hope I get yours too coaches haha). I still tend to stick the head forward when I try to lean forward but in this shot I was so tired that I couldn't lean. I will keep training this every day until I master the lean, it's hard to get rid of my tendency on arching the lower back.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Eloy, the movement starts to be wrong at 3 seconds...very early...when you begin to dislocate. you need to reduce the distance between hands.

Eloy Bote
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Eloy, the movement starts to be wrong at 3 seconds...very early...when you begin to dislocate. you need to reduce the distance between hands.

Thanks, I didn't feel I was dislocating, for me looked like the guy in the video :(

Alessandro Mainente

Well...do not begin the dislocate!

Eloy Bote

Hey coaches I worked on narrow grip.

Very concentrated on not dislocating so I started with my natural arched back :( but I corrected as soon as I noticed.

Alessandro Mainente

Perfect to me the amount of flexion. do not be worried too much for the little arc.

Eloy Bote
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Perfect to me the amount of flexion. do not be worried too much for the little arc.

You made my day!

The bar is 1,5kg, how much weight is needed?

Alessandro Mainente

2-3 kg is fine. you should not have problem!