This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Change in schedule: less days, same hours

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, February 27, 2019 · 4 Replies · 169 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hi all,

I want to change my schedule from 5 days a week to 3 days while doing the same hours per week.

My current schedule is:

Day 1: HS + LB

Day 2: FS/MS

Day 3: Core

Day 4: UB

Day 5: TBS

and would change to:

Day 1: Core + TBS

Day 2: UB + FS/MS

Day 3: HS + LB

Would my rate of progress slow, accelerate or it shouldnt have an impact since weekly hours are the same?

Thanks!

Feli

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Felipe, personally i think that you are the only one who can have the answer. I can only make assumptions on people i'm following directly. You can experiment this schedule for a month and see how it goes.

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks Alex, I am glad you dont see any red flags on this change. Will see how it goes.

Iain McLean

I am in the same situation as you Felipe.  I am also shifting from completing foundations, HS, and the stretch series over 5 to 3 days per week.  The main reason I’m condensing my workouts is to save time and free up nights during the week so I can add in other activities like swimming and climbing.  I only made the shift within the last two weeks, so it is too early for me to discern a difference.  However, I don’t think there are any drawbacks at the moment. 

I spread the three days over the week and complete the strength portion of each workout first followed by stretch or HS.  This gives plenty of time for rest and recovery between days and I have been going into each strength session feeling very fresh with good energy levels.  Also I like completing stretch sessions following strength sessions, as I am well warmed up and loose.  

Looking at your proposed schedule, day 2 seems much longer compared to day 3.  I’ve never tried completing both MS and FS on the same day, I like to spread them out in the week. I find LB and HS quite quick to get through, so I also complete either MS or FS on the same day.

best of luck,

Iain

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey Iain,

Thanks for your feedback.

I ended up compressing from 5 days to 3 days and added an additional UB day, so its hard for me to compare, but I can say at least I am making the same progress as before. The added UB day seems to be helping very little on my pushup/ground rows progress for now, but only been 3 weeks since I changed.

I follow the same format as you, and FS/MS I meant one or the other alternating every week. So one week I do FS and the following MS. I have been alternating those two for almost a year now. I am definitely not gaining flexibility, just maintaining what I had one year ago. I prefer that and doing UB twice a week.

LB is definitely quick to get through, but I take like 40 mins or so for HS. I do a 10 min warmup, wrist workouts, HS1, HS2, and my almost daily bridge holds so 5-8 mins more.