This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pain from old injury not going away

Started by Daniel Vandolph, February 27, 2019 · 3 Replies · 73 Views

Daniel Vandolph

Hi guys!
I'm getting desperate. An old injury seems to be preventing me to making any further progress in the middle split series. About 6 years ago, I went down too far in a split attempt, and must have torn or pulled something. It was before I started any of the GB programs. Since then, the injury has always been there and never really healed. When I do certain movements, specifically those in the tags, I reach a point where I feel a sharp and very unpleasant pain on the inside thigh. Start from just above the knee and reaches all the way up to the under butt / groin area.

I though that regular stretching would help to heal it, but it seems that so isn't the case.

Any advice? Has anybody else experienced something similar? How did you treat it?
I'm willing to consider anything, ever surgery.
Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Daniel i always discourage you and all the other student searching suggestion on the web for injury, the reasons are simple:

-nobody, also the best PT in the world can make assumptions without seeing you face to face;

-your problem is specific for yours. other suggestion by students with no authority in the field can lead a worse situation.

-since the CEO is Coach Sommer he represents any type of suggestion on this forum and he cannot take responsibility for any type of BAD suggestion.

I receive daily requests by people with injury but as stated i cannot evaluate them behind a monitor.

 

What i can say is that I had a groin injury, it healed by itself, but I took off for 2 years exercises involving that body part.  all of them.

Daniel Vandolph

Thanks for your reply.
I thought that this type of injury would be common in gymnastics where a lot of middle split action is taking place. 
Well, I guess perhaps I should just book an appointment at a good sports injury center in town. 

Alessandro Mainente

I had my injury due to repeated stress on the groin...overloading in specific body parts has the direct consequences of tendon inflammation.