This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Additional hip flexors work

Started by Eloy Bote, February 26, 2019 · 2 Replies · 101 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi,

I have the tightes hip flexors you can see and they hold me to achieve the front splits. I go anterior pelvic tilt because of that and then my hamstrings overstrech and can't lower my body into the splits. The front splits are not a goal for me to be honest but tight hip flexors are an issue that I'm sure hold me back in another movements so I want to address this. The front split course have only 2 stretches that target the hip flexors, and I do the vertical lunge bent, forcing the posterior pelvic tilt, several times a week. Do you recommend any additional work?

Miguel Borsum

Hi Eloy,

try the restore series on that (I suggest daily), I have/had the same problem and can highly recommend it, my hip flexors and quads feels a lot better, not close to perfect but a huge improvement for me. And over the last couple of years I suffer a lot from lower back issues, APT and so on, so It takes time for the body to get in the right position and function again. Remember coach's words: 6-7 month to adapt for the connective tissue, so stick with it :)

Everett Carroll
On 2/26/2019 at 11:09 PM, Miguel Borsum said:

try the restore series on that (I suggest daily), I have/had the same problem and can highly recommend it, my hip flexors and quads feels a lot better, not close to perfect but a huge improvement for me.

Great suggestion. Parallettes 2 is another quick sequence that you could do daily to stretch your hip flexors.