This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stuck with vertical press three

Started by Eloy Bote, February 26, 2019 · 33 Replies · 447 Views

Eloy Bote
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

this is the same concept...reaching the higher part and then perform the eccentric.

you should say with PPT, if not you cannot use your abs.

Before adding exercises i suggest to post the form check of the exercise where you have reached a plateau.

I can't even enter the position of the bent arm planche, more than a plateau is a no way. I go from a bent arm tuck planche thing to extending the hips, something similar to what the guy in the video does, but the lower I go the harder is to hold and I have to give up, in my best attempts my chest is lower than my hips instead of being parallel to the floor. In my attempts I try to extend the hips slowly to find the balance because if I do it fast I just colapse.

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Eloy Bote said:

I can't even enter the position of the bent arm planche, more than a plateau is a no way. I go from a bent arm tuck planche thing to extending the hips, something similar to what the guy in the video does, but the lower I go the harder is to hold and I have to give up, in my best attempts my chest is lower than my hips instead of being parallel to the floor. In my attempts I try to extend the hips slowly to find the balance because if I do it fast I just colapse.

Have you tried  transitions? i mean...try to reproduce all the previous IM in the bent arm position...from the first easier variation up to the last one ( before bent arm planche variation) 

Eloy Bote
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Have you tried  transitions? i mean...try to reproduce all the previous IM in the bent arm position...from the first easier variation up to the last one ( before bent arm planche variation) 

Sorry Alessandro I mean bent arm half straddle planche, this is the first exercise to be in planche position with bent arms, I think there is nothing before because the previous exercises are lying on the pommel horse. I guess that it's a matter of finding the balance, leaning forward enough, I will make a video soon in the form check forum.

Alessandro Mainente

ok...so from the bent arm tuck planche begin with the legs movement of the second sPl IM. so assume the bent arm tuck planche and perform the legs movement that you have already done on the pommel horse. Im over Im you will arrive at the bent arm half straddle position.

Eloy Bote

Hi coaches!

I'm getting stronger holding planche like holds, the 30 seconds bent arm tuck planche it's ok, currently starting to kick my legs back for reps. But this vertical press is not improving. You said somewhere in this thread something about strength to compress the upper and lower body, and I'm pretty sure that I'm very bad with that. What exercises of the courses can I do for that? When it comes to compression like v ups I can't compress too much, I have been stretching my hip flexors daily 4x90s for more than a year but they are made of steel.

Jeffrey Bittner

I recommend uploading a form check video. Providing us with a visual will allow us to give you more accurate feedback and better suggestions to help you improve.

Eloy Bote
3 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

I recommend uploading a form check video. Providing us with a visual will allow us to give you more accurate feedback and better suggestions to help you improve.

Which exercise do you want me to record coach, v ups? My vertical press it's the same as always, even when I started the vertical press one I was between the shins and the ankles :(

Jeffrey Bittner

A more recent video of your vertical press would be most beneficial.

Eloy Bote
13 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

A more recent video of your vertical press would be most beneficial.

OK actually I'm training at home and I can't do this exercise, maybe I will buy one of those plyometrics box. Do yo know of any exercise I can do meanwhile? Something that work those muscles that make you lift your hips, honestly I don't have any clue of what's going on during that move.