This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Go to step 2 without mastery the im

Started by Eloy Bote, February 26, 2019 · 3 Replies · 262 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi,

Can I go to HS step 2 without mastery of HS/PE1 im? I'm struggling with the full shoulder flexion but I have seen that is not required for HS/PE2 so I want to move on until I see that I'm stuck because of the mobility. I promise that I do HS/PE1 im several times a week, I do almost full thoracic bridge course every week (I can't do bridge hip taps and I have to scale down the other bridge related exercises), and I work on the shoulder flexion every night before bed! And I go to the pt every 2/3 weeks with a 1 hour session working on this!

BTW I would thank any kind of extra routine regarding shoulder flexion you can suggest, the one I do is foam roll the lats, butchers block stretch, elevated cat and inverted cat. I'm gonna send a video of my current HS/PE1 im soon so you can see my level.

Everett Carroll

Come on, Eloy, don't do that to us man!...you know you're asking us to break rules! ;) Try to get a video up soon and we can go from there. It sounds like you're doing everything right and that maybe your flexion isn't as bad as you think(?). 

You can be working on the upcoming mobility drills now (weighted extension, dislocate variations, etc). Also, a little handstand play after your priority work is finished shouldn't hurt anything either. 

Eloy Bote
17 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Come on, Eloy, don't do that to us man!...you know you're asking us to break rules! ;) Try to get a video up soon and we can go from there. It sounds like you're doing everything right and that maybe your flexion isn't as bad as you think(?). 

You can be working on the upcoming mobility drills now (weighted extension, dislocate variations, etc). Also, a little handstand play after your priority work is finished shouldn't hurt anything either. 

Next week I will upload a video of the shoulder flexion. Appart form doing it actively, sometimes I use a mate, he pulls the bar and at the same time push my back and then the flexion is more than complete. When I ask him to stop I maintain the position for 10 seconds. I know it's cheating but I have to improve the active ROM.

Coach Sommer

How is

On 2/26/2019 at 4:27 AM, Eloy Bote said:

Hi,

Can I go to HS step 2 without mastery of HS/PE1 im? I'm struggling with the full shoulder flexion but I have seen that is not required for HS/PE2 so I want to move on until I see that I'm stuck because of the mobility. I promise that I do HS/PE1 im several times a week, I do almost full thoracic bridge course every week (I can't do bridge hip taps and I have to scale down the other bridge related exercises), and I work on the shoulder flexion every night before bed! And I go to the pt every 2/3 weeks with a 1 hour session working on this!

BTW I would thank any kind of extra routine regarding shoulder flexion you can suggest, the one I do is foam roll the lats, butchers block stretch, elevated cat and inverted cat. I'm gonna send a video of my current HS/PE1 im soon so you can see my level.

How is indulging yourself and focusing on strength going to correct your mobility deficit? ;)

If you wish you may add additional mobility sets or even add more advanced mobility work to your training, but for now your strength work needs to take a back seat to your mobility work.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer