This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE5 Twisting Arch Up

Started by Tom Bussien, February 25, 2019 · 11 Replies · 139 Views

Tom Bussien

Hey guys, first time on this progression, any improvements I should make?

Thanks

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Tom some tips for you:

-tempo tips: slow down the speed of the movement;

-technical tip: your spine is tight. you should twist while holding the spine centered in the middle of the hips. if you notice you are tilting to the side.

Tom Bussien

I saw that too, I wasn’t sure if it was a problem. I will try to correct that next time. I will do the underneath stretch before to have better spine mobility. 

Thanks for the tips Alessandro. 

Alessandro Mainente
27 minutes ago, Tom Bussien said:

I saw that too, I wasn’t sure if it was a problem. I will try to correct that next time. I will do the underneath stretch before to have better spine mobility. 

Thanks for the tips Alessandro. 

Never doing static stretch before exercising, is counter productive.

Tom Bussien
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Never doing static stretch before exercising, is counter productive.

Yes of course, I meant dynamic stretching.

Tom Bussien

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, I tried to slow down a bit and be more symmetrical when I go up. I think it was more an issue of technique than spinal mobility. I need to keep reminding myself to keep my spine centered. What do you think?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Now that you are applying my suggestion you can see how limitation on twisting appears. reduce the reps at a minimum until the required range of motion oftwistingg is achieved, then build up reps and sets to the mastery.

Tom Bussien

Should I twist until my forearms are perpendicular to the floor, so a 90 degree twist? 

And is my arch up high enough or do I need to go higher than that?

I'm staying on 5x2r until I have perfect form. 

Tom Bussien

Hey, I think that's as good as I can do it. I watched the video in the course library and the guy's torso doesn't go perpendicular to the floor at the top.

It also seems that he's not just arching and twisting but also bending laterally from bottom to the top, like doing a half circle. I mean maybe what you expect isn't exactly like the video of the course library. If not, can you tell me what I should improve? In terms of spinal rotation (twisting) I don't think I can do much better. I can probably go a bit slower.
Thanks a lot.

598415323_Capturedecran2019-03-24a18_06_51.thumb.png.622fc0e130b3f727dd58e7a597640370.png

Alessandro Mainente

You need to reach 45° above the horizontal position, the full twist is highly recommended. your form is not bad, notice that you twist better on one side, do not twist the head, it is not necessary.

Tom Bussien

It’s weird because when I do it, I feel like I twist more on the left side, but on the video it looks like I twist more on my right side. 

Thanks Alessandro, I’m taking notes.

Alessandro Mainente

Yes the twist is better on the right. not always sensations reflect the correct limitations.