This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS SE4 form check

Started by Johan Tideland, February 23, 2019 · 5 Replies · 69 Views

Johan Tideland

Hi

So I have started on this progression, how does it look?

PE https://youtu.be/z8qa3wmqDtY

im https://youtu.be/-uKVF30LZ3s

I notice that sometimes when I roll up on my foot on the PE I struggle with getting back up. I think it is a timing thing, it is always easier if I start to push with the bent leg earlier.

How should the squat be done? should it be a continuous motion or should there be stop when I roll on to my bent leg and then a push up?

Thanks

Neil Gynther

Hi Johan. I’m not a coach, but I have completed the SLS progression. In my opinion the rock and roll in this movement is there to give the momentum to assist you in the squat ascent. I think it should be one smooth motion from rocking onto your back, rolling forward, keeping your foot close to your butt, and finally standing up. I also find it helpful with all of the squat variations to keep your weight directly under your ankle bone. This might feel a little further towards your heel than you are used to, but once you start adding weight it will become even more important. So, yes... use that momentum. I hope this helps, and I’m sure one of the coaches will chime in if I’m wrong or if they have anything to add.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Johan, the rolling has the role of making the beginning part of the ascent phase easier, if you stop on the bottom before extending the knee and hip there is no facilitation.

Johan Tideland

Thanks a lot for your responses, I will get to work on this

Alessandro Mainente

Perfect.