I did front split training two day ago so I still have pain like sore muscle in my calves even so, I’ve been doing the warm up stretch training.
Is it okay for me to do the training progressively?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Geonho Lee, February 21, 2019 · 4 Replies · 67 Views
I did front split training two day ago so I still have pain like sore muscle in my calves even so, I’ve been doing the warm up stretch training.
Is it okay for me to do the training progressively?
Hey Geonho,
Sore muscles are ok. It is completely normal to have sore calves after all of the calf raises in the Front Split series. What you want to avoid during your training are sharp pains. However, if you need to scale these exercises at first to give your body time to adapt it is totally fine!
Hey Geonho:
I've been at the three stretch series workouts for about two years consistently. My experience for all three was the same: the first time I tried each series, it was impossible for me to come close to completing the workouts as specified. It would take an athlete with extraordinary preparation to do so. By sticking with the program, doing it every week, scaling and progressing through each of the elements, you will get to the point where you can complete the workout. But it doesn't stop there. We can all go deeper, stronger, for longer as we keep at it.
I'm amazed at the mobility I've achieved since beginning GST. Looking back on only being able to complete 20 - 25 minutes of each of the stretch series when I started, no question I've added years of quality-of-life to my longevity.
Have fun and enjoy the sore calves!
Bill
6 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hey Geonho,
Sore muscles are ok. It is completely normal to have sore calves after all of the calf raises in the Front Split series. What you want to avoid during your training are sharp pains. However, if you need to scale these exercises at first to give your body time to adapt it is totally fine!
Thank you so much! You were a huge help
I’m going to go to the gym again today
5 hours ago, Bill Marr said:Hey Geonho:
I've been at the three stretch series workouts for about two years consistently. My experience for all three was the same: the first time I tried each series, it was impossible for me to come close to completing the workouts as specified. It would take an athlete with extraordinary preparation to do so. By sticking with the program, doing it every week, scaling and progressing through each of the elements, you will get to the point where you can complete the workout. But it doesn't stop there. We can all go deeper, stronger, for longer as we keep at it.
I'm amazed at the mobility I've achieved since beginning GST. Looking back on only being able to complete 20 - 25 minutes of each of the stretch series when I started, no question I've added years of quality-of-life to my longevity.
Have fun and enjoy the sore calves!
Bill
I didn’t totally understand your article but I know what you mean, Don’t give up and Go ahead consistently, right?
thank you for your advise!