This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Crab is so difficult...

Started by Geonho Lee, February 18, 2019 · 12 Replies · 147 Views

Geonho Lee

Only It’s hard for me to do CRAP??

I try my best, but it’s too difficult..

I can’t walk.. Is there anything I can do in my level?

Eloy Bote
6 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

Only It’s hard for me to do CRAP??

I try my best, vut it’s too difficult..

I can’t walk.. Is there anything I can do in my level?

Hey Geonho,

I'm not a coach or anything but for the crab (not crap!) you have to keep your hips high, squeeze your butt with solid core so it doesn't drop to the floor! If you find hard holding the position with 1 hand and 1 foot, try to walk first with your 2 hands and 1 foot on the floor, but the goal is to have 1 hand and 1 foot off the floor as you walk (right hand and left foot or left hand and right foot). A nice drill I see the little kids do to learn this movement is doing the walk but without moving, just switching hands and feet in the place, this way they get strong super fast and soon you see them running like crazy in the gym.

BTW, if you send a video of you trying it the coaches can specifically tell you what is your weak point!

Geonho Lee
44 minutes ago, Eloy Bote said:

Hey Geonho,

I'm not a coach or anything but for the crab (not crap!) you have to keep your hips high, squeeze your butt with solid core so it doesn't drop to the floor! If you find hard holding the position with 1 hand and 1 foot, try to walk first with your 2 hands and 1 foot on the floor, but the goal is to have 1 hand and 1 foot off the floor as you walk (right hand and left foot or left hand and right foot). A nice drill I see the little kids do to learn this movement is doing the walk but without moving, just switching hands and feet in the place, this way they get strong super fast and soon you see them running like crazy in the gym.

BTW, if you send a video of you trying it the coaches can specifically tell you what is your weak point!

Thank you Eloy!

Could I do the training, fundamentals, with foundation one or Handstand one at the same time?

Everett Carroll

Hey Geonho,

Absolutely. The extra stretching will be good for you. We also don't want your strength work to fall off so do Foundations as well. Just include a Fundamentals lesson in your daily warmup. 

Don't worry that crab is difficult right now; that is quite common. Just move to the next lesson and take note that your shoulder extension mobility needs work. The other courses will immediately begin to help you fix that.

Geonho Lee
2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

We also don't want your strength work to fall off so do Foundations as well. Just include a Fundamentals lesson in your daily warmup. 

So you mean, It's okay for me to do foundation one or Handstand one with doing fundamentals at the same time, right?? also I'm going to do fundamental Day-1 with the extended warm-up program before doing foundations, is it okay?

 

2 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Just move to the next lesson

umm... It's hard for me to do crab but could I go to the next step (Day-2)?? if not, doing same time??

Everett Carroll
24 minutes ago, Geonho Lee said:

So you mean, It's okay for me to do foundation one or Handstand one with doing fundamentals at the same time, right?? also I'm going to do fundamental Day-1 with the extended warm-up program before doing foundations, is it okay?

 

Yes, exactly. That's perfectly fine. 

24 minutes ago, Geonho Lee said:

umm... It's hard for me to do crab but could I go to the next step (Day-2)?? if not, doing same time??

Yep, move to the next step anyway. Fundamentals is just going to reveal your strengths and weaknesses.

Geonho Lee

Okay thank you!

I have another question, I did click difficulty of exercise for my mistake but I didn't do the exercise so there is done mark in my workout history

so could I cancel it?

10 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Yes, exactly. That's perfectly fine. 

and I've heard something that if I have difficulty with fundamentals, I should do a GST Feet(?) than foundations

am I wrong? and I wonder what the GST Feet is

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on your difficulties, are more related to mobility or strength deficits?

Geonho Lee
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

It depends on your difficulties, are more related to mobility or strength deficits?

It’s possible to get the Crab posture, but I can’t move forward..

For now I’ve just been holding it

What’s the best thing I could do now?? Could I do the training like now?

Alessandro Mainente

If you move along the fundamentals can you recognize if the problem is mobility or strength issues?

Geonho Lee
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

If you move along the fundamentals can you recognize if the problem is mobility or strength issues?

Ok, umm... I think the problem is probably mobility and also a little bit strength deficit

Alessando, What should I do?

Alessandro Mainente

The crab is a combination of strength and flexibility. for flexibility, you need to begin to include the stretch series for the thoracic spine and front split and also begin the foundations work.

Geonho Lee
14 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The crab is a combination of strength and flexibility. for flexibility, you need to begin to include the stretch series for the thoracic spine and front split and also begin the foundations work.

Ok thank you!!

I’ve been doing foundation training alongside the strerch series such as middle/front split and thoracic bridge and also fundamentals as well