I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I am interested in handbalancing and have been practicing off and on on my my own for a year or so. I've been looking to maybe find someone experience in the field to work with, but so far no luck. Anyone have any tips to help me find someone?
Finding an Equilibrist
Started by StevenL, April 28, 2010 · 5 Replies · 3,404 Views
Equilibrists dont grow on trees, since it is a discipline which in general requires coaching. Your best bet would maybe be to try to get in contact with some sports acrobatics or circus community if there is something like that somewhere close to where you live. The professional handbalancers tour and work often, and the coaches you most often would find in schools, so they can be hard to get in contact with.
StevenL said:I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I am interested in handbalancing and have been practicing off and on on my my own for a year or so. I've been looking to maybe find someone experience in the field to work with, but so far no luck. Anyone have any tips to help me find someone?
Steven,
Call you local circus, or circus school, and be persistent.
j
Where in Cleveland do you live?
I live in Solon, we should train some time
do you train in any other disciplines?
I live on the Parma/Cleveland border. I am a personal trainer at the Bally's in Brook Park. I was into bodybuilding for awhile and now have just switched back to bodyweight training/gymnastics stuff. Not very advanced, mind you. Even when I was bodybuilding though, I always did at least one press handstand on the front desk at Bally's everyday, just to make sure I still had it. I just could never let the gymnastics go, so I decided to focus on it again. I don't really do much but planche and front lever stuff and some handstand stuff, too. I have a lot of strength from my lifting days and I can easily do about 20-30 pistols. Other than that, I just like messing around with the stuff.
the guy who teaches the parkour class at my gym is from parma.
he does more parkour while my background is more in acrobatics.
either way, hope to see you at the gym sometime