This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Russian Dips Form Check

Started by Chad Burger, February 16, 2019 · 1 Replies · 68 Views

Chad Burger

Please take a look at my attempt to perform the Russian Dip.  A few weeks ago I was unable to move my body up from the bottom position completely. I can know do what can be seen in the link below. I know I have tight shoulders and need to work on my shoulder extensions.  Any feedback on form or tips to improve is greatly appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UwWdRZ67QE2Swmx29

I'm 6'5" 220lbs so space is tight as you can see :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi CHad,, your execution shows the 2 major and most common mistakes:

1) shoulders are not aligned, i mean that shoulder should be placed in line with the elbows.

2) shoulder must be higher than pbars when you reach on the upper arms; you are falling under the bar.