This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE5

Started by Nils Westfelt, February 16, 2019 · 6 Replies · 70 Views

Nils Westfelt

Hi.

Ive just started sPL PE5 and I’m wondering if I’m leaning enough here? I’m still struggling a bit to find the right tension and which muscles to use so any tips are much appreciated! One thought is to also use the lats to create even more stability, is that correct? One thing I’m struggling with is getting my hips low enough and still have a strong ppt, but I’m sure that will come with time. A lot to think about in this exercise! :)

thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi NIls, the lean is ok, now work on quality that begins to drop at 10 seconds.

Nils Westfelt
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi NIls, the lean is ok, now work on quality that begins to drop at 10 seconds.

Thanks Alessandro!

yes I can see as well that form drops a bit. Any pointers on making the exercise more stable? Lats engagement is one that I’m thinking about but I’d like to confirm that first. Also the floor in the video is very grippy, is there a good idea to work on a floor that has no grip? Or is that not an issue in terms of mastery down the line?

Thanks again!

Alessandro Mainente

Working on a more slippery surface is better, the ability to hold the same activation depends on the shoulder strength. when you tend to move closer to failure the common tendency is piking at the hips. when you loose protraction and your hips move high you are piking at the hips and this is the end of the sets. as you get stronger as you will be able to hold the alignment for all the time. no secrets here, become stronger.

Nils Westfelt

Ok so here is an update on my progress on Planche Leans. They are coming along nicely. Here is a video of me doing the fourth set of 18s. In the end of the video I’m lowering my hips just a bit to get a straighter line. Which is preferred? The form in the beginning of the video or the one with lower hips? 

Cheers.

 

Everett Carroll

Nice work Nils. The form in the end.

 

Nils Westfelt
7 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Nice work Nils. The form in the end.

 

Thanks Everett! 

Ok cool. I’ll aim for that!