Iordan Iovtchev 2010 EC SR EF

Started by Razz, April 27, 2010 · 13 Replies · 3,104 Views

Razz

One can only be impressed with this guy

3Y-YKCxEecY

Can anyone enlighten me on how he got such a high deduction?

Gregor

1. some of holds where a litlle bit short (litlle less then 2s is 0,3 deduction), both malteses where short (judge can count seconds only when completly solid)

2. big deduction on a dismount (piking at the end)

3. look the line at his inverteds (every year worse his inverteds)

His time is gone, he is 37 years :shock: :shock: He can't do what he could when he was younger. I met him at the worlds: he is real gentleman!!! When I made a big mistake he calmed me down and said next time it will be better :mrgreen:

Razz

Oki I see, #1 and 3 I sorta thought of but wasn't sure if they'd get deducted. Didn't notice the pike in the dismount. It's insane though, 37 years old and bronze in EC :shock:

Damn cool, I wish I met him! I'm sure he was right though :D

Gregor

My team got back (with one bronze on pommel :P ) and they told me that judging was very strick :arrow: "by the book."

Razz

Nice with the bronze! Good that judging was how it should be, I see now that at least Iovtchev's first maltese was short, the second seems to have been just on the limit.. Still feel sorry that he got robbed his 2004 olympic gold :evil:

David Picó García

His inverted weren't as good as always, in fact Jovtchev had a great inverted cross.

37...mmm i'm 36, i'm still in time to go to a European championship. :mrgreen:

Razz

Jovtchev always had an arched inverted though

azero

Makes me proud to be Bulgarian :) 2 more years and that's the end of Bulgarian Gymnastics as I know it(I hope that's not true)

Nick Van Bockxmeer

yes but those inverteds didn't even look vertical at all

Razz

Yeah I know, these inverteds were almost like super arched malteses.. well not really but you get the point

Gregor
Razz said:
Nice with the bronze! Good that judging was how it should be, I see now that at least Iovtchev's first maltese was short, the second seems to have been just on the limit.. Still feel sorry that he got robbed his 2004 olympic gold :evil:

Look closely at the second maltese. at the end he is already arching his back in 2 seconds time so not completly solid... So I think they took him there.

I too agree he was robbed in 2004....

I realy liked Morandis routine (nakayama bit short, there he lost 0,3 tense and he would get 15,525 with a start score 6,7). In real he looks even bigger, like Gelder. :wink:

OVKDJORYU1I

Razz

Wow that guy has huge lats! He doesn't look Gelder size on the vid but I believe you, thats insane :shock: He piked the azarian maltese a bit aswell, bad mistake.

Gregor

You must put them side by side. He might be litlle smaller but not much.

braindx

Jovtchev is such an inspiration.. still going pretty strong as old as he is!