This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How often to actually go into the front split position

Started by Nick Goddard, January 27, 2019 · 4 Replies · 126 Views

Nick Goddard

Hey, this might be a rubbish question but how often could I practice getting myself into my best effort of the splits.

I follow the three stretch classes once per week as adviced. And I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to just practice going into my by best effort occasionally during the week (when fully warmed up)?

Or would it be best to attempt full front spilts only on front split day.

thanks a lot!

nick

0BE10514-4C2C-4E75-BE04-850C9AFB5E9B.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente

Hi NIck, first things first. your front split needs correction. if you are questioning about the attempting with the actual form i say "no". the posterior leg is twisted, due to the hips restriction. move up a couple of cm so that you can square the hips.

Nick Goddard

Thanks Alessandro for the form fix.

Would you say it’s a good idea to practice that position individually at other times in the week as well as the once a week GB Front Split stretch class? 

Alessandro Mainente

Personally, I still prefer as Coach Sommer one strong session once a week. looking to your front split appears no particular limitation so once a week should be fine.

Nick Goddard

Brilliant, cheers. I tend to be quite sore lately for a few days any how due to the rest of the classes, so probably best.