This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sl PE9

Started by Johan Tideland, January 26, 2019 · 3 Replies · 60 Views

Johan Tideland

Hello, I have just started this one.

I only have access to a stall bar once per week and thus I will substitute the stall bar version with headstanding 1 session per week and on my other session I will do the stall bar version.

PE stall barhttps://youtu.be/FTuJqltPUvI

PE headstanding https://youtu.be/RGjGCt7rGZk

im https://youtu.be/j4sK7YTGrLo

I can see that when I do the stall bar version my back does not make contact with the wall until after I have extended my legs back up. Should I try to get my back against the wall before extending the legs?

Thanks

Johan

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Johan, nice work here. very nice.

Devon Devine
On 1/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, Johan Tideland said:

my back does not make contact with the wall until after I have extended my legs back up

I had the same question. Based on Alessandro's response, it seems this is okay. Also the athlete in the official GB demo video does the same thing with a gap of 3-4 inches it appears. Any guidance from Alessandro or others on guidelines for how far it is okay for the lower part of the back to come off the stall bars and still be considered proficient?

Jeffrey Bittner

@Devon Devine Don't worry so much about distance. Focus on performing the full range of motion (including compression) with straight legs.