Hey guys, I’m looking for some feedback on my push ups and ground rows PE2.
Is the angle of my forearms ok for the push ups?
thanks in advance!
Nick
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nick Goddard, January 26, 2019 · 15 Replies · 254 Views
Hey guys, I’m looking for some feedback on my push ups and ground rows PE2.
Is the angle of my forearms ok for the push ups?
thanks in advance!
Nick
Hey guys, looking at training upper body tonight. Is there any advice I can recieve before starting?
thanks,
Nick
Final set of 4X12 push ups.
I didn’t film the Ground Rows but failed on the 4th set of 12.
Also failed on the third set of planks. Next upper body session I’m hoping to complete the lot. Please let me know if my form is correct.
Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick , looking carefully to all the reps...seems that you are not reaching the floor with the chest? Am I wrong?
Hey Alessandro, no I am not going that low. I will try to do the push up sets going all the way to the chest next time.
Are the rows looking Ok?
Thanks for the feedback.
Much appreciated,
Nick
Hi Nick, unfortunately not. The range of movement is too less. if in the pushup you need to touch the floor, in the rows you need to reach the shoulder.
Ok, next time it’s full ROM.
thanks Alessandro.
Took a step back and I’m trying to master 5x9 pushups and 5x9 ground rows.
checking for mastery on the pushups: https://youtu.be/3MShVg9E0JI
and a form check for the ground rows: https://youtu.be/3wOfSaoTINc (I was gassed by the 6th rep of the 3rd set at that tempo).
Also just uploaded sPL PE3: https://youtu.be/kSz9EPiOG8g (I have trouble straightening my left leg due to a cyst in the fat pad of my knee). I am having an MRI scan to help sort that out in a few weeks.
Thanks in advance,
Nick.
FL PE2 https://youtu.be/RHQfOt29Z1A
Looking for feedback on the form of my hollow body rocks and also feedback on my last post.
thanks a lot,
Nick
Hey Nick,
On your push ups try to maintain a posterior pelvic tilt throughout your set. Also aim to get a stronger protraction at the top of each rep. Maximizing protraction will help you on other progressions further down the road.
On your ground rows be careful not to let your hips sink towards the floor at the bottom of your reps. As you pull towards the rings, try to keep your head in a neutral position (not ducking your chin to your chest).
Your straight arm plank looks pretty good. You are doing a nice job of hitting strong PPT and protracting the scapula. As you get tired you start to lose some protraction. Keep working to maintain your starting position throughout your set. I recommend slowing down your iM so that you can feel your body position better. As you do this exercise, aim to elevate your feet to hip level (or a little higher if you can) on each rep. This should be done using your glutes and not by arching your lower back.
Can you also upload a side view of your tucked hollow body rocks?
Hey Jeffrey, thanks for the feedback.
I’ll upload some new clips trying to address those issues including the side view HBR.
Nick
https://youtu.be/kkkG-www4BU sPL PE3 tried to slow the iM down a bit.
HBP PE2 https://youtu.be/pqCVwlOXURw
RC PE2 https://youtu.be/1sCXTjx4Ud4
Seem to have lost some endurance this week due to chucking lots of extra sets in last week.
hEY Nick follow my suggestions:
-for the sPL PE3 try to move the hips EXACTLY in between heels and shoulders. actually, hips are higher than necessary;
-for the HBP:
1) do not bounce on your belly. use a controlled tempo, you should BARELY REACH the floor.
2) at the top you should finish in a straight arm plank position that follows the correction of sPL PE3;
-for the RC: is preferable a stop in between the reps in order to reduce the amount of stretch reflex and facilitation.
Hi guys,
I know these sets are off GB tempo but please comment on whether the form is correct?
Am I protracting enough at the top of each push up and is my form straight enough for the rows.
Thanks,
Nick
hey Nick, yes they are better...both ROWS and PUSHUP.
20 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:hey Nick, yes they are better...both ROWS and PUSHUP.
Thanks for getting back.
Soon I should hopefully have some updated 5x9 GB sets to check.