This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle up

Started by Iain McLean, January 23, 2019 · 9 Replies · 178 Views

Iain McLean

I’m getting closer to mastery with my straddle ups.  I’ve already form checked the Jefferson curl but not the straddle up.  Here’s the 5th set of 9.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Iain,

Awesome compression at the top of your reps. Before moving on, work towards completing your set at the rate of the follow along video. Increasing your endurance will help you as you move forward. As you keep working, keep an eye on your knees. Keep them straight throughout your set. You're doing a great job, keep it up!

Iain McLean

Good tips, I’ll get to work.

Iain McLean

It took a very long time to build up to 1/4 bodyweight on the jefferson curl but I have finally surpassed the threshold.  I think that I have finally reached mastery for this element:

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

It took a very long time to build up to 1/4 bodyweight on the jefferson curl but I have finally surpassed the threshold.  I think that I have finally reached mastery for this element:

 

Hey iain, it appears to me that if you stop the straddle up at 12''...legs do not leave the floor together...pay attention to this...

Iain McLean
On 2/2/2021 at 7:00 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey iain, it appears to me that if you stop the straddle up at 12''...legs do not leave the floor together...pay attention to this...

cleaned up and good to progress?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

cleaned up and good to progress?

 

 

Hey Ianin, if you stop at 38'' can you notice that your left leg is more straddles than the right?

Iain McLean

Another attempt at mastery:

 

Iain McLean

Bump - hoping to move on from this exercise. @Alessandro Mainente @Jeffrey Bittner

Alessandro Mainente
On 3/2/2021 at 1:27 PM, Iain McLean said:

Another attempt at mastery:

 

Nice work here...personally you can begin to straddle a bit more early..next time feel free to tag me.