Hello,
Here is the video I've recorded in which I also present my questions:
Thank you for your help,
Tiago
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Tiago Buhr, January 18, 2019 · 10 Replies · 180 Views
Hello,
Here is the video I've recorded in which I also present my questions:
Thank you for your help,
Tiago
Hi Tiago...well probably your pelvic tilt is too strong. now, raise up the elevated surface at the point where you can stay with AT LEAST open chest and neutral hips. you can also try bending your knees a bit, reach a strong APT and then extend the knee.
Hey Alessandro,
Thank you for your reply.
You mean my pelvic tilt is too strong in the direction of a PPT?
I will raise up the surface and put two yoga blocks instead of one, is that fine?
On 1/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, Tiago Buhr said:Hey Alessandro,
Thank you for your reply.
You mean my pelvic tilt is too strong in the direction of a PPT?I will raise up the surface and put two yoga blocks instead of one, is that fine?
yes, your PPT is very very strong. probably practicing bot a low elevated surface with knees a bit bent and elevated surface with straight knees is a good idea.
Hey,
It's been almost over a year now.
I've done the practice with elevated surface (two blocks) and knees bent.
I just can't seem to make any headway on this. My PPT is still incredibly strong, probably very tight hamstrings.
For example when I do middle splits on the wall, I can't go with my butt all the way to the wall. I have to stand at least 30 cms away from it.
How do I solve this? I'm making progress everywhere else, but I'm completely stuck here.
Hey Tiago, are you following also the front split stretch course?
i remember that before being able to perform a pancake with APT i have practiced it for almost 6 years. if you have for example a sitting/desk work...and you had this work for many many years your brain is used to assume a particular posture...where your PPT is stronger than APT. The brain refuses different habits...and it can take time....a lot of time.
Hey Alessandro,
Yes I'm doing the front split as well.
Ok, that is recomforting to hear. I sat for many many many years, including when I was developing as a child (playing computer games for 10 hours sitting).
Do I change anything in my routine or just keep going with patience?
You can consider doing the FSSE4 with the anterior knee bent and the upper body in contact with the upper leg and slowly try to extend the knee while holding the contact between the upper body and upper leg.
Will do, but what is the FSSE4? Where can I find that exercise?
9 hours ago, Tiago Buhr said:Will do, but what is the FSSE4? Where can I find that exercise?
This is the abbreviation for FrontSplitSeriesExercise24. you can find it in the library area by clicking on the dumbell icon in the top right corner of the course page.
Thank you Alessandro. Just for clarification, do you mean the FSSE4 (squatted seiza) or FSSE24 (standing pike)?
I'm confused because on the previous post you wrote FSSE4 and then FSSE24.
I appreciate your help very much.